It's Great To Be Back!
I wish to apologize to all of my readers for being AWOL for so long without a word of explanation. I have had a severe pain in my right arm from an unknown cause, and this has been made unbearable by any attempt to type. This has left me unable to blog or respond to emails: indeed, for a very long time I was even unable to use the mouse and keyboard to check my emails. My doctor cannot find a cause and suggests it is a trapped nerve. It seems to be posture related: I can cycle - and have cycled - up to 44 miles in one day with only trivial aches. The good news is that for the last few days my arm has only troubled me once. Let us hope that the problem is now in the past.
During my enforced vacation I have cycled many miles: often over 25 miles per day. I don't know what it is doing for my fitness, but overtaking cars downhill scares the hell out of some drivers!
I was sorry to miss all the excitement over the Arctic this season. If I remain able to type I hope to make up for that by writing about the Antarctic. It's going to be an exciting summer down there also! Just for starters, here's the latest PIG news:
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- NO End Of World Today! AWFUL "Silly Season" Story
- My Applied National Security Paper. Being President Isn't For Idiots.
- Why An Extra Planet Can't Be Hidden Behind The Sun Or Above The South Pole
- Mind The (Risk Perception) Gap On BPA
- I am Sorry Retractions and First Ever Book Recommendation
- In France, There Is STEM Bias Too - Against Men
- This House Is Crap
- "Is 1950 DA bigger than chicxclub meteor sorry that I butchered the word ..."
- "I don't think iran wants nuclear weapons.and they are signatories of NPT.if they desire nuclear..."
- "hello mark! if you mean Ms. Wilhemina Pelegrina, I really like her name. very beautiful name. I..."
- "Not sure how we switched from discussing no-existent Golden Rice to inherently unsafe Nuclear Power..."
- "Great glad I helped to calm you down :). Okay, it's a matter of probabilities, you can't say that..."
- Tracking how HIV disrupts immune system informs vaccine development
- Green monkeys acquired Staphylococcus aureus from humans
- Researchers find molecular switch that triggers bacterial pathogenicity
- Scientists identify immunological profiles of people who make powerful HIV antibodies
- Breastfeeding associated with better brain development and neurocognitive outcomes