It's Great To Be Back!
I wish to apologize to all of my readers for being AWOL for so long without a word of explanation. I have had a severe pain in my right arm from an unknown cause, and this has been made unbearable by any attempt to type. This has left me unable to blog or respond to emails: indeed, for a very long time I was even unable to use the mouse and keyboard to check my emails. My doctor cannot find a cause and suggests it is a trapped nerve. It seems to be posture related: I can cycle - and have cycled - up to 44 miles in one day with only trivial aches. The good news is that for the last few days my arm has only troubled me once. Let us hope that the problem is now in the past.
During my enforced vacation I have cycled many miles: often over 25 miles per day. I don't know what it is doing for my fitness, but overtaking cars downhill scares the hell out of some drivers!
I was sorry to miss all the excitement over the Arctic this season. If I remain able to type I hope to make up for that by writing about the Antarctic. It's going to be an exciting summer down there also! Just for starters, here's the latest PIG news:
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The Number Of My Publications Has Four Digits
- Professor Frenkel: Why Shouldn't We Drop Algebra From Our Education System?
- Metal Hip Replacements Implanted Since 2006 More Prone To Failure
- Does lower literacy make you a sucker for online health ads?
- Matter Can Potentially Accelerate The Expansion Of The Universe
- Unique Fragment From Earth’s Formation Returns Home
- Common Sense and Cosmology
- "<!--[if gte mso 9]> 800x600 <![endif]--> High energy Big Bang is the initial Unification scale..."
- "Right, and the other 5 had tobacco residue...."
- "I have space-time numbers. I don't have a metric space which, yes, requires a metric tensor for..."
- "Even using Wikipedia, an illustration of the conventional prejudice on the matter energy density..."
- "In Reading University Library there is a most interesting book Felix Klein and Sophus Lie by I..."
- Parents' presence at bedside found to decrease neonatal abstinence syndrome severity
- Breastfeeding app shows promise in supporting first-time mothers
- Study shows asthma-related Twitter posts can predict rise in hospital visits
- Mental health diagnoses rise significantly for military children
- Combination of face-to-face and online bullying may pack a powerful punch