It's Great To Be Back!
I wish to apologize to all of my readers for being AWOL for so long without a word of explanation. I have had a severe pain in my right arm from an unknown cause, and this has been made unbearable by any attempt to type. This has left me unable to blog or respond to emails: indeed, for a very long time I was even unable to use the mouse and keyboard to check my emails. My doctor cannot find a cause and suggests it is a trapped nerve. It seems to be posture related: I can cycle - and have cycled - up to 44 miles in one day with only trivial aches. The good news is that for the last few days my arm has only troubled me once. Let us hope that the problem is now in the past.
During my enforced vacation I have cycled many miles: often over 25 miles per day. I don't know what it is doing for my fitness, but overtaking cars downhill scares the hell out of some drivers!
I was sorry to miss all the excitement over the Arctic this season. If I remain able to type I hope to make up for that by writing about the Antarctic. It's going to be an exciting summer down there also! Just for starters, here's the latest PIG news:
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Could A Star Orbit A Planet? - Just For Fun
- Japanese Soda Study—Good God(zilla)!
- An Historical Moment For Diabetes
- Really Complex Quaternions
- Lettuces Now, What Next - Could Astronauts Get All Their Oxygen And Food From Algae Or Plants?
- Germany Versus Science, Round Two
- Bel's Temple in Palmyra Is No More
- "Academics do not keep their jobs according to how many people see their FB posts! Publications..."
- "Joe Mercola is not a mature counterbalance to anything. He is a fear-promoting merchant of doubt..."
- "That took a long time. The investment was worth it though. The story feels logically consistent..."
- "True, because there are no objective standards, and high impact factor science journals are not..."
- "I should say that I am pissed off, and at the same time I feel ashamed as I do seem to care more..."
- Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider confirms tiny drops of early universe 'perfect' fluid
- Magnetic fields provide a new way to communicate wirelessly
- With tobacco, what you don't know can kill you sooner
- Isthminia panamensis: New species of ancient river dolphin discovered
- Smoking prevalence stays the same but people who want to quit are up