It's Great To Be Back!
I wish to apologize to all of my readers for being AWOL for so long without a word of explanation. I have had a severe pain in my right arm from an unknown cause, and this has been made unbearable by any attempt to type. This has left me unable to blog or respond to emails: indeed, for a very long time I was even unable to use the mouse and keyboard to check my emails. My doctor cannot find a cause and suggests it is a trapped nerve. It seems to be posture related: I can cycle - and have cycled - up to 44 miles in one day with only trivial aches. The good news is that for the last few days my arm has only troubled me once. Let us hope that the problem is now in the past.
During my enforced vacation I have cycled many miles: often over 25 miles per day. I don't know what it is doing for my fitness, but overtaking cars downhill scares the hell out of some drivers!
I was sorry to miss all the excitement over the Arctic this season. If I remain able to type I hope to make up for that by writing about the Antarctic. It's going to be an exciting summer down there also! Just for starters, here's the latest PIG news:
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The Neuroscience Reason We Fall Over When Drunk
- Triple Null: New Genetically Modified Soybean A Big Benefit For Food Allergies
- A physicist’s thoughts on life extension
- Does This Cow Really Exist?
- Warm Oceans Caused The Mega-Drought And Hottest Years In The 1934-36 Dust Bowl
- High School Scientist Discovers Pulsar With Widest Orbit Ever Detected
- Pancreatic Cancer Risk Linked To Lack Of Sunlight
- "“it seems odder that there hasn't been a repeat of those Dust Bowl years due to climate change..."
- "I agree, the shear size of the space that's being worked on is amazing, and the way unrelated tech..."
- "Hi Matthew,you know, this goes to the heart of the matter. Indeed I would love to know whether..."
- "Hmmm I don't know whether you expect an answer to that ?!Cheers,T...."
- "When you play the players, it's clear evidence that you are unable to play the ball...."