The nomination period for the 2018 Breakthrough Prize in Fundamental Physics, Life Sciences and Mathematics is now open. You can't nominate yourself but anyone else can, through May 31st, 2017. The nomination form and rules are available at www.breakthroughprize.org.
For the sixth year, the Breakthrough Prize, founded by Sergey Brin and Anne Wojcicki, Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan, and Yuri and Julia Milner, will honor top scientists, handing out up to five prizes in Life Sciences, one in Fundamental Physics and one in Mathematics. Each prize comes with a $3 million award. Selection Committees are composed of previous Breakthrough Prize laureates, who choose the winners from the list of candidates obtained during the nomination period.
In addition, up to six New Horizons Prizes, each for $100,000, will be presented to promising early-career researchers in the fields of Fundamental Physics and Mathematics.
The Prizes will be awarded in early December 2017 during a live, globally televised ceremony in Silicon Valley.
$3 MM Breakthrough Prize in Fundamental Physics, Life Sciences and Mathematics - Nominations For 2018 Now Open
- Breakthrough Prize Nominations For Physics, Biology And Math Now Open
- 2016 Elsevier Foundation Awards for Early-Career Women Scientists in the Developing World Nominations Open
- "You are disturbing me. I am picking mushrooms." Says Mathematics Genius
- 2010 Nobel Prize In Physics Awarded To Andre Geim And Konstantin Novoselov For Graphene Work
- Time Dilation In Nobel Prize Awards