TSA is positively Grinch-like this holiday season, with complaints of an eerie choice between uncertain X-ray scanners or 'gate rape' by TSA security if you refuse to be irradiated, neither of which has any chance at all of stopping terrorists, since actual countries with terrorists don't do anything of the sort.
Worried you will get put on a list of troublemakers if you object too loudly? You may be onto something. CNN reporter Drew Griffin was put on a TSA watch list immediately after he filed reports critical of the organization back in 2008. And Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano seems to have no intention of backing down from critics in 2010 either.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Columbia's Lame Oz Defense
- Poison As Medicine And How Venom Can Sometimes Be A Savior
- The Evolutionary Psychology Reason Some People Will Be Anti-GMO
- Pictures Of March 20th Eclipse From Svalbard
- A Paper on Leptonic CP violation
- It Shouldn't Be There: Henize 2-10 And The Cosmic Conundrum
- Searching For The A Boson
- "It is an absolute shame that such a brilliant doctor is being crucified in the media, although..."
- "I've got to say that I reserve some measure of awe at the P.T. Barnum gall some people have. Belle..."
- "I don’t often comment on blogs, however I feel compelled to offer my two cents from the peanut..."
- "Question. We know that during the Eemian the Arctic was 8C degrees warmer than today. A core extracted..."
- "This was an inspired rant--much needed. Thank you. I once tried to point out to the Alzheimer's..."