TSA is positively Grinch-like this holiday season, with complaints of an eerie choice between uncertain X-ray scanners or 'gate rape' by TSA security if you refuse to be irradiated, neither of which has any chance at all of stopping terrorists, since actual countries with terrorists don't do anything of the sort.
Worried you will get put on a list of troublemakers if you object too loudly? You may be onto something. CNN reporter Drew Griffin was put on a TSA watch list immediately after he filed reports critical of the organization back in 2008. And Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano seems to have no intention of backing down from critics in 2010 either.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- What Lies Beneath West Antarctica?
- Genetic Variant May Help Explain Why Labradors Are Prone To Obesity
- Planet Nine: A World That Shouldn't Exist
- Mimicking The Ingenuity Of Nature
- Bacterial Virulence Is Stimulated By Burns
- Nanoparticles Hold Promise As Double-edged Sword Against Genital Herpes
- One Third Of Antibiotic Prescriptions Unnecessary
- "It is good to see that Current Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine Might Not Protect. thank you for sharing..."
- "Your post are getting funnier by the minute. Here's the joke: What could be more Ivory Tower than..."
- "What actual science are you talking about? All I've seen so far, is a bunch of talking points from..."
- "The reason I feel compelled to use a different name is due to the difference in the topology You..."
- "Please email me, I want to know every bit of knowledge you can provide. I've got so many questions...."