TSA is positively Grinch-like this holiday season, with complaints of an eerie choice between uncertain X-ray scanners or 'gate rape' by TSA security if you refuse to be irradiated, neither of which has any chance at all of stopping terrorists, since actual countries with terrorists don't do anything of the sort.
Worried you will get put on a list of troublemakers if you object too loudly? You may be onto something. CNN reporter Drew Griffin was put on a TSA watch list immediately after he filed reports critical of the organization back in 2008. And Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano seems to have no intention of backing down from critics in 2010 either.
TSA responds to criticisms of a watch list for critics by putting critical CNN reporter on watch list
- Claim: TSA “Mischaracterized” Safety Of Full Body Scanners
- What is the place of websites like science 2.0 in relationship to the popular science media and journals?
- Ten Commandments For Airlines
- Why didn't New World inhabitants use the wheel?
- Concerned about "gate rape" at the airport? "If people want to travel by some other means" says Napolitano...