TSA is positively Grinch-like this holiday season, with complaints of an eerie choice between uncertain X-ray scanners or 'gate rape' by TSA security if you refuse to be irradiated, neither of which has any chance at all of stopping terrorists, since actual countries with terrorists don't do anything of the sort.
Worried you will get put on a list of troublemakers if you object too loudly? You may be onto something. CNN reporter Drew Griffin was put on a TSA watch list immediately after he filed reports critical of the organization back in 2008. And Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano seems to have no intention of backing down from critics in 2010 either.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- A 3 TeV Dielectron Event By CMS !
- When It Comes To Tobacco Beliefs, What You Don't Know Can Kill You Sooner
- Neuron Responsible For Alcoholism Found
- Science: Public/Private Partnership Under Attack
- Bel's Temple in Palmyra Is No More
- Copters, Drones - Location Data Is Changing The World
- Is Failure To Reproduce Psychology Papers A Sign They Are Invalid?
- "I’ve just read this present article, a day or two after reading Bel's Temple In Palmyra Is No..."
- "Wow -- this is the first and last time I'll be reading your diatribes, Hank. Citing GMO industry..."
- "Sundance,I also thought about that quote. Some scientists have been speaking out for a long..."
- "I have been much more affected by what is happening to people, to the point where I haven’t bothered..."
- "Curious, wonder if some of the dynamo in the earths core is more effective because at those pressures..."
- DC’s Needle Exchange: Infections Down, Savings Up
- Are You An Old Soul? You May Just Have An Old Heart
- Prescribing Caution with Precautionary Principle
- FDA’s Welcome Action: Caffeine Is a Drug
- Over Bt Spraying, Anti-GMO Folks Undone by Own Argument
- E-Cigarettes Are Safer Than Smoking – But Aldehydes Need To Go