TSA is positively Grinch-like this holiday season, with complaints of an eerie choice between uncertain X-ray scanners or 'gate rape' by TSA security if you refuse to be irradiated, neither of which has any chance at all of stopping terrorists, since actual countries with terrorists don't do anything of the sort.
Worried you will get put on a list of troublemakers if you object too loudly? You may be onto something. CNN reporter Drew Griffin was put on a TSA watch list immediately after he filed reports critical of the organization back in 2008. And Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano seems to have no intention of backing down from critics in 2010 either.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- What May Be Missing From Quantum Computing - A Quantum Middle Man
- Almost One In Three US Adults Owns A Gun But Murder Rates Have Plummeted
- The Missing Memristor Has NOT Been Found Published By Nature Group
- Why Horror Games Give Us The Fright We're Looking For
- Predictive Coding Theory: How Our Brains Recognize Faces From Minimal Information
- Obese Teens Are Less Likely To Use Contraception
- EWG's Little Site Of Horrors
- "Where did you get that statistic? ..."
- "So from 20 times the gun linked murder rate of all other OECD countries down to 19.5 times? Still..."
- "Vegan parents investigated for neglect after baby son found severely malnourished - said they..."
- "Good news on two fronts.Although I get a kick out of insulting people now and then (OK, maybe a..."
- "Ugh, there are three paths I wish I could take this conversation now. History has taught me that..."