So, I find that my students get a lot of their "news" and certainly their "entertainment" from YouTube, for better or worse. Today one student pointed me to this video from Russia Today: http://youtu.be/r-0gtkRB90w. While it is pretty interesting- what a weird creature!- I was of course sceptical and wanted some more information. I also would rather read my information than get it from a video, but that might be a function of my age. So I found the "print" article: http://www.rt.com/news/abyss-alien-creature-jellyfish-004/. I was thinking it looked like a jellyfish myself, and MSNBC dug up a few experts who say it is: http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/11/11665712-the-verdict-is-.... Pretty cool! This reminds me that I can't wait to see more data from James Cameron's recent dive to the Mariana Trench. So much neat science going on these days!
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Gene Patents: Justice Scalia Dissents On High School Science
- Assessment Of Shale Gas Fracking On Biodiversity
- Not Just Cleaner: Fracking A Good Energy Return On Investment Also
- METI: Should We Be Shouting At The Cosmos?
- Mystery Of How Black Holes Produce So Many X-Rays Solved?
- Lone Signal: METI Teams Up With Citizen Science To Try And Make First Contact
- Toward Metamaterials: Printing Artificial Bone
- "I don't think he was 'distancing himself'. The issue in this patents case was at a more complex..."
- "How often do judges go out of their way to state they cannot affirm their belief in the expert..."
- "Doc Steve, Thank you again for wonderful read on topic I care about; your writing is fact filled..."
- "Wait wait is my favorite Saturday radio for witty current events; and yes their politics comes..."
- "Thanks for the article Sci 2.0 While reading, I was hoping to find EROI of ethanol from corn and..."
- Treating infection may have sting in the tail, parasite study shows
- Average UK salt content of packaged bread has fallen 20 percent in a decade
- Moderate drinking during pregnancy does not seem to harm baby's neurodevelopment
- Observation is safe, cost-saving in low-risk prostate cancer
- Two Independent Reviews Raise Questions about rhBMP-2
Books By Writers Here