Now I know why Becky reads Wired. Writer Amy Wallace takes a critical look at the vaccination debate in this excellent article ("An Epidemic of Fear"). Instead of relying on false balance (not all opinions are equal) to flesh out the article, Wallace looks at the research and evidence presented for the various claims. And, Wallace does not shy away from drawing conclusions based on the evidence. While long (and I know Scientific Blogging readers -or at lease the rugbyologist readers - are not faint of heart), Wallace manages to keep the human interest throughout, an area in which scientists have struggled.
*Hat tip to Steven Novella.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Scientists Find Brain Plasticity Assorted Into Functional Networks
- Magnetic Compass Of Birds Affected By Polarized Light
- Moon's Tidal Forces Affect Amount Of Rainfall On Earth
- Eating Less Meat Won't Fix Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Journal Publishing Seralini Paper Claiming GMO Toxicity Disappears Faster Than His Career
- What's The Impact Of New Marijuana Laws? The Data So Far...
- How Ocean Acidification And Warming Could Affect The Culturing Of Pearls
- "for conservatives, the issue is punishing women for having sex. they also do not like uppity scientists..."
- "Liber (Dionysius in Greece) because he is one of the few major Roman gods that does not already..."
- "The URL of the full text article: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1750-3841.13171/fu..."
- "So there is no why like Bob Fletcher or as some people say you can already see it on Russian news..."
- "Hi Joe, yes the thing is - all that is fine, it's logical from your point of view. And whatever..."
- Florida Declares Zika Virus State of Emergency
- Indonesia’s Many Human Physical Deformities: A Closer Look
- Spinal ‘Column’: Love for Hunchback Dog, Breakthrough for 8-Yr-Old Girl
- BMI is Bologna
- Energy Drinks: The Dose Makes the Poison
- California’s Prop 65: Bad For Public Acceptance Of Science, About To Get Worse
- Agricultural policies in Africa could be harming the poorest
- Cambridge researcher develops smartphone app to map Swiss-German dialects
- Studies link healthy workforces to positive stock market performance
- Pioneering discovery leads to potential preventive treatment for sudden cardiac death
- Online shopping might not be as green as we thought