Now I know why Becky reads Wired. Writer Amy Wallace takes a critical look at the vaccination debate in this excellent article ("An Epidemic of Fear"). Instead of relying on false balance (not all opinions are equal) to flesh out the article, Wallace looks at the research and evidence presented for the various claims. And, Wallace does not shy away from drawing conclusions based on the evidence. While long (and I know Scientific Blogging readers -or at lease the rugbyologist readers - are not faint of heart), Wallace manages to keep the human interest throughout, an area in which scientists have struggled.
*Hat tip to Steven Novella.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Prevent Alzheimer's Disease By Drinking Beer?
- Acceptance Of Evolution Is Far Higher Than Acceptance Of Other Biology
- Planck on BICEP2 "It turns out that the part of the dust had been significantly underestimated." UPDATED
- Hardwired For Miscommunication? Why Women Think Sex When Men Just Want To Be Friends
- The ATLAS Top Production Asymmetry And One Thing I Do Not Like Of It
- Extended Telomeres Slow Cell Aging
- "The comment section proves the author's point. It is always amazing to see how far the left's confirmation..."
- "What is funny about that; 8 years ago when we started, the denial community said global warming..."
- "What you have here is a good example of politically driven science -- versus scientifically driven..."
- "Yes, the states that most love regulation really resented the deregulation craze - so here in California..."
- "It is my contention that the de integraion of the electric utilities in states that have done the..."
- One of the world's rarest large cats, the Saharan cheetah, caught on film!
- Hot spots mapped: Arsenic taints many U.S. wells
- Copy number variations: Sequencing genetic duplications could aid clinical interpretation
- Study analyzes Internet, mobile and video game effects on young users
- The source of gypsum in the longest cave system in the world