A while ago, I warned of the developing geek culture making it cool to be a geek. Technically, I was probably about 5 years late in this warning, but a recent Spike.com article on the girls geeks love and a Wired.com article on how to raise a geek girl confirmed that the geek culture is here and is planning to stay.
*See to maintain any geek street-cred, I have to pretend that this butt slap o' thanks is completely non-platonic because I'm totally smitten with Felicia Day, which I'm not (but that is mainly because in Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog her
character, Penny, totally did it with Captain Hammer, which is gross
despite Captain Hammer being played by Nathan Fillion, whose character
was really cool in the Firefly pilot and pretty cool afterward, cause Fox executives suck), but I am mostly entertained by her professional work and we still like to see some more non-drop-dead gorgeous female stars with talent like you see on British television.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- A 3 TeV Dielectron Event By CMS !
- Germany Versus Science, Round Two
- The Dynamical Origin Of Quantum Mechanics (I)
- Mountain Doomed: CO2 Bubbles And Heart Attacks
- Bt Spray In The Organic Movement: Hypocrisy Or Scientific Illiteracy?
- Study Finds Atrazine Pesticide Doesn't Impact Aquatic Plant Life
- Copters, Drones - Location Data Is Changing The World
- "I was afraid I'd attract a math dude. Couldn't decide whether to threaten to have a temper tantrum..."
- "Simple correction r2-=0.09 means that only 9% of the variance of the incidence might be associated..."
- "A protein which cannot be expressed in humans is different than a toxic pesticide. The people who..."
- "The laws are indeed strong only on paper. ISIS commits war crimes for TV cameras, and is hardly..."
- "They're just examples kneemo, they probably took 3 TeV as a benchmark just because it's a bit beyond..."