A while ago, I warned of the developing geek culture making it cool to be a geek. Technically, I was probably about 5 years late in this warning, but a recent Spike.com article on the girls geeks love and a Wired.com article on how to raise a geek girl confirmed that the geek culture is here and is planning to stay.
*See to maintain any geek street-cred, I have to pretend that this butt slap o' thanks is completely non-platonic because I'm totally smitten with Felicia Day, which I'm not (but that is mainly because in Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog her
character, Penny, totally did it with Captain Hammer, which is gross
despite Captain Hammer being played by Nathan Fillion, whose character
was really cool in the Firefly pilot and pretty cool afterward, cause Fox executives suck), but I am mostly entertained by her professional work and we still like to see some more non-drop-dead gorgeous female stars with talent like you see on British television.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Cometary Globule CG4 - From God's Hand To The Mouth Of The Beast
- Prevent Alzheimer's Disease By Drinking Beer?
- Spider-Man Webbing: How Many Calories Does It Take To Produce All That Silk?
- Religious People View Science Favorably But Reject Some Theories - Just Like Everyone Else
- Outsourcing: 3 Ways To Stop Medical Research Brain Drain
- Battery Leasing And Better Charging Will Make Electric Cars Popular
- Why Climate Scientists Shouldn't Testify Before Congress
- "That's like psychohistory in Azimov's Foundation series... ..."
- "a politician by any other name is still a politician., it doesn't matter what the topic they have..."
- "Agreed. I believe Heinlein clearly identified those two groups as those who want people to be controlled..."
- "The author will certainly remember the very large number of European Garden Spiders which appeared..."
- "Good to hear that. All the best Africa :)..."