Having a negative health care experience does not mean you know anything about reforming health care or health insurance. If I get run over by a car with bad brakes, does that mean I know how rebuild a car?
Oh yeah, and if those with bad/no health insurance should be for a public option because it is in their personal interest, why shouldn't those with good health insurance be against reform in their own personal interest? At what income level does it self-interest shift from a moral good to an unforgivable evil? I need to know. As a graduate student, I have pretty good health care, but minimal income; and I would hate to take up an unforgivably evil position in my own self-interest.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Suggestion: The EM Drive Is Getting The Appropriate Level Of Attention From The Science Community
- Animal Sex Is Spicier Than We Thought
- It's Naive To Pretend Differences Between Women And Men Are Just Genetics
- Bang! Meet The Highest-Energy Hadron Collision Ever Imaged!
- New Ice Age Is Coming, By 2030, Says Analysis
- Will Aspartame Critics Now Be Less Bitter?
- GMOs Have Formaldehyde? Bizarre Claim Challenged By Experts
- "The cause of hangovers is not known. Let me suggest the most likely, and something none of you..."
- "Like ethanol, but with only one carbon instead of two, methanol even more readily enters every..."
- "Somehow, this makes even less sense then what you wrote before. ESL?..."
- "Quite aside from the fact that your arithmetic is horrid, your chemistry is even worse. When a..."
- "There's more discussion on this article: Can Spinning Habitats Solve Zero g Problem? And Answer..."
- Genetic tug of war in the brain influences behavior
- New method to predict the amount of nicotine emitted from e-cigarettes
- How bees naturally vaccinate their babies
- Mild hypothermia in deceased organ donors improves organ function in kidney transplant
- Trying to quit smoking? First strengthen self-control