Apparently the EPA has not yet discovered how to do a video conference.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has announced that Administrator Gina McCarthy will promote President Obama’s Climate Action Plan to cut carbon pollution, slow the effects of climate change and leave a cleaner environment for future generations by doing an Earth Week Tour, flying around to talk about how we should cut emissions.
She likes to fly. When she is not flying around to save all of us from emissions, she is commuting to Washington, D.C. weekly from her home in Boston.
The EPA idea of promoting emissions cuts includes flying to New York be on Jon Stewart's Comedy Central program "The Daily Show", then flying to Boston and throwing out the first pitch at a Yankees-Red Sox game, then flying to Cleveland to talk about how emissions are bad for our lungs. There's more but I don't want her to think I am picking on her. Oddly, no one at the EPA gets why it looks bad to do that on Earth Day.
We always get this sort of irony from elites when they are telling us to cut back; if cloying journalists rationalize flying off to yet another climate meeting, it is because they are 'building relationships' that outweigh their emissions. McCarthy
feels like people will be talking about Gaea so why not leverage that by...flying all over the country.
The Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility group is having a field day with this, cataloging how many tons of CO2 this is generating and wondering why the EPA didn't think about how it looked.
Will another talk from the EPA accomplish any 'awareness'? Is there seriously anyone not aware of climate change by now?
Wouldn't it be better to practice what you preach?
“If EPA really wants to combat climate change, it should finalize its long-stalled carbon controls on power plants,” PEER Executive Director Jeff Ruch said.
And learn to use a cable modem to show up at talks.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Wait, Let's Not Be In Such A Rush To Go Multiplanetary Or Interstellar - A Comment On Elon Musk's Vision
- Paleo: In A Clinical Trial, Bread Made With Ancient Grains Could Benefit Heart Health
- Petition To Youtube To Halt Ads On Doomsday Videos - They Make The Vulnerable Suicidal
- Hubble Spots Europa Geysers Again - How They Did It - And What Next? Flyby? Lander?
- Why Psychology Lost Its Soul - Science Replaced It
- Chatelperronian Hominins: Disputed Neanderthal Region Confirmed In France
- No Go Area! What? What is that?
- "Oh, had to look it up, that's the first asteroid to be detected with a tiny 1 in a million chance..."
- "Robert hey you know the asteroid called 2002 NT7? I know that NASA already ruled out the possibility..."
- "Seems you agree with me a few things. How would you make your own scale? (ignoring desire for the..."
- "Well, first there's the timescale. If you build a dyson sphere, you don't have the capability to..."
- "I don't think that much of the Kardashev scale. Especially L2,3 star vs galaxy. How would it be..."
- Is Parenting Kids of Human and Canine Persuasion the Same? Yes!
- Diabetes: MiniMed 670G Hybrid Closed-Loop Insulin System Is A Waypoint To An Artificial Pancreas
- Celebrate Oktoberfest with Beer Chemistry
- Littlest Consumers Doing Well, Nutrition-wise
- Herpes Vaccine Update: Exciting News, But Don't Throw Away Condoms Just Yet
- Ben & Jerry’s Asks Us to Take Big Lick of Fear & Hype
- How would you like a kitchen surface that cleans itself?
- Vitamin D could help control TB in animals
- Antipsychotic medications linked to increased risk of pneumonia in persons with Alzheimer's disease
- Multiple sclerosis misdiagnosis shows need for improved education of clinicians
- Brown adipose tissue can secrete factors that activate fat and carbohydrate metabolism