Apparently the EPA has not yet discovered how to do a video conference.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has announced that Administrator Gina McCarthy will promote President Obama’s Climate Action Plan to cut carbon pollution, slow the effects of climate change and leave a cleaner environment for future generations by doing an Earth Week Tour, flying around to talk about how we should cut emissions.
She likes to fly. When she is not flying around to save all of us from emissions, she is commuting to Washington, D.C. weekly from her home in Boston.
The EPA idea of promoting emissions cuts includes flying to New York be on Jon Stewart's Comedy Central program "The Daily Show", then flying to Boston and throwing out the first pitch at a Yankees-Red Sox game, then flying to Cleveland to talk about how emissions are bad for our lungs. There's more but I don't want her to think I am picking on her. Oddly, no one at the EPA gets why it looks bad to do that on Earth Day.
We always get this sort of irony from elites when they are telling us to cut back; if cloying journalists rationalize flying off to yet another climate meeting, it is because they are 'building relationships' that outweigh their emissions. McCarthy
feels like people will be talking about Gaea so why not leverage that by...flying all over the country.
The Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility group is having a field day with this, cataloging how many tons of CO2 this is generating and wondering why the EPA didn't think about how it looked.
Will another talk from the EPA accomplish any 'awareness'? Is there seriously anyone not aware of climate change by now?
Wouldn't it be better to practice what you preach?
“If EPA really wants to combat climate change, it should finalize its long-stalled carbon controls on power plants,” PEER Executive Director Jeff Ruch said.
And learn to use a cable modem to show up at talks.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Cosmic Rays Jeopardize Deep-Space Astronaut Missions
- Why Climate 'Uncertainty' Is No Excuse For Doing Nothing
- Great Earthquakes Doubled In The Most Recent 10 Year Period - What That Means
- What Americans Fear Most Isn't Ebola Or Terrorism, It's...
- Moderate Pot Use By Adolescents Doesn't Hurt IQ
- Violent Immersion: How 3-D Gaming Affects Player Emotions
- Slavery In America: Back In The Headlines
- "That's what I've been trying to convey this whole time. I'm glad that we are finally able to stand..."
- "I completely agree about it being a mystery. There is no shame in admitting ignorance, only in..."
- "This is really good to know. Very good point at the end that it is about helping people set better..."
- "Vaccination of any type was associated with *increased* risk of a CNS ADS onset within the first..."
- "Good comment shining genji, but some people do not need fancy arguments to uphold their status..."
- An end to fat shaming? The 50 year DNA mystery of metabolic dysfunction may soon be solved
- Egg freezing: a smart career move?
- Women carry fetal DNA long after children’s birth
- Despite resistance, China will dominate future of GMOs
- Should Science and Nature run advertorial by wacky Dr. Bronner’s that misleads on GMOs?
- Jack the Ripper’s identity remains a mystery after error in DNA analysis revealed
- Teenage self-harm linked to problems in later life
- Unsteady on your feet? Little touches could make all the difference
- Promising blood biomarkers identified for colorectal cancer: Is a screening blood test within reach?
- Studies must be carried out to determine whether exercise slows the onset of type 1 diabetes in children and adults
- Clot dissolver tPA's tardy twin could aid in stroke recovery
Books By Writers Here