Apparently the EPA has not yet discovered how to do a video conference.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has announced that Administrator Gina McCarthy will promote President Obama’s Climate Action Plan to cut carbon pollution, slow the effects of climate change and leave a cleaner environment for future generations by doing an Earth Week Tour, flying around to talk about how we should cut emissions.
She likes to fly. When she is not flying around to save all of us from emissions, she is commuting to Washington, D.C. weekly from her home in Boston.
The EPA idea of promoting emissions cuts includes flying to New York be on Jon Stewart's Comedy Central program "The Daily Show", then flying to Boston and throwing out the first pitch at a Yankees-Red Sox game, then flying to Cleveland to talk about how emissions are bad for our lungs. There's more but I don't want her to think I am picking on her. Oddly, no one at the EPA gets why it looks bad to do that on Earth Day.
We always get this sort of irony from elites when they are telling us to cut back; if cloying journalists rationalize flying off to yet another climate meeting, it is because they are 'building relationships' that outweigh their emissions. McCarthy
feels like people will be talking about Gaea so why not leverage that by...flying all over the country.
The Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility group is having a field day with this, cataloging how many tons of CO2 this is generating and wondering why the EPA didn't think about how it looked.
Will another talk from the EPA accomplish any 'awareness'? Is there seriously anyone not aware of climate change by now?
Wouldn't it be better to practice what you preach?
“If EPA really wants to combat climate change, it should finalize its long-stalled carbon controls on power plants,” PEER Executive Director Jeff Ruch said.
And learn to use a cable modem to show up at talks.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The 10 catastrophic mistakes virtual reality firms are making
- My Thoughts On The LIGO-VIRGO Result
- Henri Poincaré Predicted The Existence Of Gravitational Waves As Early As June 5, 1905
- Gravitational Waves? Watch the LIGO press conference at 10:30 Eastern.
- Using Stories To Teach Human Values To Robots
- Four Different Ways Couples Show They Care
- How Gut Inflammation Sparks Colon Cancer
- "I am somewhat confused. Where did the three solar masses that were converted to gravity waves come..."
- "Veronique,You are right to suspect that the organic industry has been more than happy to go along..."
- "I'm not understanding yet, but this is like unravelling a fun physics puzzle. I'd thank you for..."
- "I would just like to thank the author of this article for having the balls to take a stand against..."
- "I believe the point to take away from that graph is that for much of our Earth's history the CO2..."
- Natural Flavors Are More Radioactive Than Artificial Ones.
- Bariatric Surgery Beneficial Even for Older People
- Opiates No Better at Easing Knee Osteoarthritis Pain
- BRCA Tests Increasing for Younger Breast Cancer Patients
- EWG Verified: A New Way To Greenmail Food Companies
- A Cluttered Kitchen May Undo Your Diet
- Eating breakfast could help obese people get more active
- 'Jaws' may help humans grow new teeth, shark study suggests
- For a special Valentine? Beyond diamonds and gems: The world's rarest minerals
- Most precise measurement of reactor Antineutrino spectrum reveals intriguing surprise
- Using stories to teach human values to artificial agents