Apparently the EPA has not yet discovered how to do a video conference.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has announced that Administrator Gina McCarthy will promote President Obama’s Climate Action Plan to cut carbon pollution, slow the effects of climate change and leave a cleaner environment for future generations by doing an Earth Week Tour, flying around to talk about how we should cut emissions.
She likes to fly. When she is not flying around to save all of us from emissions, she is commuting to Washington, D.C. weekly from her home in Boston.
The EPA idea of promoting emissions cuts includes flying to New York be on Jon Stewart's Comedy Central program "The Daily Show", then flying to Boston and throwing out the first pitch at a Yankees-Red Sox game, then flying to Cleveland to talk about how emissions are bad for our lungs. There's more but I don't want her to think I am picking on her. Oddly, no one at the EPA gets why it looks bad to do that on Earth Day.
We always get this sort of irony from elites when they are telling us to cut back; if cloying journalists rationalize flying off to yet another climate meeting, it is because they are 'building relationships' that outweigh their emissions. McCarthy
feels like people will be talking about Gaea so why not leverage that by...flying all over the country.
The Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility group is having a field day with this, cataloging how many tons of CO2 this is generating and wondering why the EPA didn't think about how it looked.
Will another talk from the EPA accomplish any 'awareness'? Is there seriously anyone not aware of climate change by now?
Wouldn't it be better to practice what you preach?
“If EPA really wants to combat climate change, it should finalize its long-stalled carbon controls on power plants,” PEER Executive Director Jeff Ruch said.
And learn to use a cable modem to show up at talks.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Artificial Intelligence: It's Time To Talk About What Emotions We Want AI To Have
- Highlights From ICNFP 2015
- Lettuces Now, What Next - Could Astronauts Get All Their Oxygen And Food From Algae Or Plants?
- Most Idiotic Rejection Of Course From Philosopher Of Science Not Grasping Relativity
- Innate GMO Potato Deregulated By USDA
- Brain Size Matters When It Comes To Remembering
- Alpha Lipoic Acid Dietary Supplement Slows Aging In Mice
- "I have a friend who has 2 Ph.D., one in nuclear physics and one in philosophy. His general observation..."
- "The top spin is indeed being measured, with results in agreement with standard model predictions..."
- "Without a magnetic field on Mars, it should be patently obvious that terraforming attempts would..."
- "For instance would it be possible to measure the g-factor of the top quark? A dirac particle should..."
- "Dr. Federoff is wrong about golden rice being tied up in the regulatory process for more than a..."
- “Shock Therapy” – Not a Cuckoo’s Nest, a Valid Depression Rx
- Innate: Simplot genetically engineered potato gets USDA nod for deregulation
- Sorry, AIDS Deniers, It’s Only a Headline
- Mission Not Yet Accomplished on Vaccines
- Cigarettes, Now With An Organic Health Halo
- Bee Wary of Tales of the ‘Beepocalypse’
- Pollution and weather influence heart attack outcomes?
- Fish oil diet versus gut microbes
- Naps linked to reduced blood pressure and fewer medications
- Why girls are less interested in computer science: Classrooms are too 'geeky'
- Frogs make irrational choices - and what means for understanding animal mating