Apparently the EPA has not yet discovered how to do a video conference.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has announced that Administrator Gina McCarthy will promote President Obama’s Climate Action Plan to cut carbon pollution, slow the effects of climate change and leave a cleaner environment for future generations by doing an Earth Week Tour, flying around to talk about how we should cut emissions.
She likes to fly. When she is not flying around to save all of us from emissions, she is commuting to Washington, D.C. weekly from her home in Boston.
The EPA idea of promoting emissions cuts includes flying to New York be on Jon Stewart's Comedy Central program "The Daily Show", then flying to Boston and throwing out the first pitch at a Yankees-Red Sox game, then flying to Cleveland to talk about how emissions are bad for our lungs. There's more but I don't want her to think I am picking on her. Oddly, no one at the EPA gets why it looks bad to do that on Earth Day.
We always get this sort of irony from elites when they are telling us to cut back; if cloying journalists rationalize flying off to yet another climate meeting, it is because they are 'building relationships' that outweigh their emissions. McCarthy
feels like people will be talking about Gaea so why not leverage that by...flying all over the country.
The Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility group is having a field day with this, cataloging how many tons of CO2 this is generating and wondering why the EPA didn't think about how it looked.
Will another talk from the EPA accomplish any 'awareness'? Is there seriously anyone not aware of climate change by now?
Wouldn't it be better to practice what you preach?
“If EPA really wants to combat climate change, it should finalize its long-stalled carbon controls on power plants,” PEER Executive Director Jeff Ruch said.
And learn to use a cable modem to show up at talks.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Mad Goat? Scrapie Pathogens Could Breach The Human Species Barrier
- Family Holiday Survival: 12 Ways To Deal With That Climate Change Denier
- Will China Dominate The Wine Industry Too?
- How Enzymes Work
- Falsifiability And The Integrity Of Physics
- The War on Weed is Over
- A College Degree Still Earns More Than A High School Diploma - If Grads Can Find A Good Job
- "It’s Ukraine that has gained a large nature reserve.Since it’s now past the Western Christmas..."
- "It’s just as well that the vine is a very hardy plant. China does have the hot summers,..."
- "You know what makes me laugh? We've got jets criss-crossing our sky, dumping tons and tons of exhaust..."
- "This is one of those big myths perpetuated in the last year by people who read just enough economics..."
- "Yawn! Can't you climate change deniers come up with some new arguments?Denier assertions..."