Monday, May 6th, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM Science Online Bay Area will be at Swissnex San Francisco to discuss reproducibility.
Reproducibility of experimental results is one of the major tenets of the scientific method. In the case of academic pre-clinical research, however, reproducibility (or more accurately the lack of it) has become a significant problem.
Go to the SOBA event page to register.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Muslim Hijab Linked To Less Negative Body Image Among Women
- Bariatric Surgery Is Booming - Is It Needed?
- Does Dr. Oz Think I'm An Idiot?
- E-Cigarettes Versus Cigarettes: 10X Decrease In Second-Hand Smoke
- Double Mastectomy Doesn't Bring Better Breast Cancer Survival Rates Over Lumpectomy
- Misogyny Wins With Hacking Of Intimate Celebrity Pictures – But You Can Choose Not To Look
- Mutating Ebola Viruses Not As Scary As Evolving Ones
- "Not all people who seek bariatric surgery are those who believe they lack the mental resolve to..."
- "To say that a practice must have some objective positives if a billion plus people do it would..."
- "Not sure what the point of this study was. A parallel to this study would be one that states that..."
- "The supplements industry is mostly harmless. We can't say the same about our imperfect medical..."
- "Actually there is harm from the supplement industry. It comes from people not seeking medical help..."