Monday, May 6th, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM Science Online Bay Area will be at Swissnex San Francisco to discuss reproducibility.
Reproducibility of experimental results is one of the major tenets of the scientific method. In the case of academic pre-clinical research, however, reproducibility (or more accurately the lack of it) has become a significant problem.
Go to the SOBA event page to register.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Bang !! 13 TeV - The Highest Energy Ever Achieved By Mankind ?!
- WISE J224607.57-052635.0, The Most Luminous Galaxy In The Universe
- Mystery Of Morgellons - Disease Or Delusion - Scientific Hypothesis Of Connection With Lyme Disease
- Tanzania's Disappearing Serengeti
- Non-Joulian Magnetostriction May Energize The World
- NaSt1 - One-Of-A-Kind 'Nasty' Star
- Why Does The Public Worry About GM Foods But Embrace Biotech Medicine?
- "There is no solution that has no front-end or back-end cost. We don't do enough basic research..."
- "It is not just the C02 it is the nuclear waste and the risk involved. If you trade C02 for nuclear..."
- "If one is very strict about this adjective subatomic, then the only right answer is 3, of course..."
- "You do handle tough questions. That's what one can do only when one is basically right, and know..."
- "Thanks, glad you like the article and comments. That's okay, hopefully I can face a few tough questions..."