Monday, May 6th, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM Science Online Bay Area will be at Swissnex San Francisco to discuss reproducibility.
Reproducibility of experimental results is one of the major tenets of the scientific method. In the case of academic pre-clinical research, however, reproducibility (or more accurately the lack of it) has become a significant problem.
Go to the SOBA event page to register.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- What Lies Beneath West Antarctica?
- The Genetic History Of Ice Age Europe
- Exodus 2100: Due To Climate Change
- New Interpretation Of The Rök Runestone Inscription Changes View Of Viking Age
- Professor Frenkel: Why Shouldn't We Drop Algebra From Our Education System?
- Race And Racism 101 Lecture 1 Intro & Terminology
- Three Earth-sized Planets Found Orbiting A Tiny Nearby Star
- "Your grasping at straws. You are the one trying to prove that climate scientists can't make accurate..."
- "1. There was no 20 year hiatus. Global warming has continued unabated for the last 20 years. Starting..."
- " And the twenty year hiatus in warming was captured by those predictions? NOT! Esplain that one..."
- "Something we don't pay much attention to is that Syria, Libya, and Iraq populations have gone up..."
- Maintaining ‘Biggest Loser’ Success is Harder than Attaining It
- Early Retirees Might Want to Think Again
- Got the Gout, Ebenezer? Why It Remains a Subject of Ridicule
- 3 Reasons Aerial Pesticides Are Not Causing Autism
- Most Stores Refuse E-Cigarette Sales to Minors
- Vitamin C Conundrum for the Organic Crowd
- UC San Diego bioengineers create first online search engine for functional genomics data
- UK Health Check has only modest impact on risk factors for cardiovascular disease
- Adult brain prunes branched connections of new neurons
- Five new breast cancer genes and range of mutations pave way for personalized treatment
- Quantum sensors for high-precision magnetometry of superconductors