Monday, May 6th, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM Science Online Bay Area will be at Swissnex San Francisco to discuss reproducibility.
Reproducibility of experimental results is one of the major tenets of the scientific method. In the case of academic pre-clinical research, however, reproducibility (or more accurately the lack of it) has become a significant problem.
Go to the SOBA event page to register.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Lichen: Apparently Happy Couple Really A Threesome
- Why A Planet Can't Hide Behind The Sun Or Above The South Pole
- The Daily Physics Problem - 1
- Curcumin And Silymarin Plant Compounds Give '1-2' Punch To Colon Cancer
- Are Think Tanks More Credible To Government Employees? Not Really
- The Daily Physics Problem - 2
- Blood Of King Albert I Identified After 80 Years
- "Okay, sorry I can't see the post you are talking about. I just see lots of posts about dogs. But..."
- "Reply on FB regarding your article from one Kenny MacBride ( https://www.facebook.com/kenny.macbride..."
- "I thought you were speaking more broadly indeed ! Text looses something in the translation or more..."
- "This is correct, but you need to put in the numbers for your answer to be valid.And you do not..."
- Parasite proteins prompt immune system to fight off ovarian tumors in mice
- Behavioral activation as effective as CBT for depression, at lower cost
- The Lancet: Simpler, cheaper psychological treatment as effective as cognitive behavioural therapy for treating depression
- Ultrasensitive sensor using N-doped graphene
- Brain activity and response to food cues differ in severely obese women, UTSW study shows