Monday, May 6th, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM Science Online Bay Area will be at Swissnex San Francisco to discuss reproducibility.
Reproducibility of experimental results is one of the major tenets of the scientific method. In the case of academic pre-clinical research, however, reproducibility (or more accurately the lack of it) has become a significant problem.
Go to the SOBA event page to register.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- How A Former Naturopath Can Help Unravel The Trickery of Alternative Medicine
- What Did Earth's Ancient Magnetic Field Look Like?
- Can A New Rule Trigger A Second EU Referendum? Petition Signatures Over 10% Of Total Votes Cast
- Insects Were Already Using Camouflage 100 Million Years Ago
- 9,000 Years: Origin Of Farmed Rice Gets Pushed Back
- Some Celiac Disease May Be Due To Viruses
- 5 Laws About Corpses That May Spook You
- "You are a very ignorant, and uneducated person. You have just cost so many many people life saving..."
- "Okay, on the last point first, yes there was fraud detected and 77,000 fraudulent entries..."
- "Yes, your system does sound very complex also :). I don't really understand it in detail and it's..."
- "Well that's America for you,. Having to pay retarded prices for your meds and treatment, You never..."
- "It sounds somewhat familiar. Just has here in the states we elect people to A..."
- Anti-Intellectualism Is Biggest Threat to Modern Society
- Chemistry Can Help Roast the Perfect Coffee Bean
- What Happens To A Soccer Player’s Brain After Missing A Penalty Kick
- It’s Back to Shots for Flu Prevention
- ACSH Applauds Media Awareness of the Fentanyl Crisis
- Counting Bites Examined, to Help Decrease Food Intake
- How to stop the United Nations from abusing its immunity
- Study examines quality of end life care for patients with different illnesses
- Improvements needed in end-of-life care for patients with organ failure
- Georgetown Institute launches real-time study of smartphone fertility app use
- After Brexit, Italy May Be Next