Monday, May 6th, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM Science Online Bay Area will be at Swissnex San Francisco to discuss reproducibility.
Reproducibility of experimental results is one of the major tenets of the scientific method. In the case of academic pre-clinical research, however, reproducibility (or more accurately the lack of it) has become a significant problem.
Go to the SOBA event page to register.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Researchers Created A Laser Bullet To See What It Would Look Like - And Here It Is
- The Strange Organic Molecules In Titan's Atmosphere
- Will Holding Thermal Printer Paper Really Send Your BPA Levels Soaring?
- The Quote Of The Week - Shocked And Disappointed
- How Gut Bacteria Ensure A Healthy Brain – and Could Play A Role In Treating Depression
- As The Weather Changes, So Do Beliefs About Climate Change
- Moderate Pot Use By Adolescents Doesn't Hurt IQ
- "Well how about you make some logically reasonable statements. My post was simply pointing out the..."
- "Okay, I understand your point now, but a human meeting another human is still a lot more costly..."
- "I do not work for any government agency, but I do understand statistics. If that one study referenced..."
- "To me, it reads like, if people can't use the website they will have to use call centers and that..."
- "If the objective of this article is to help add to the confusion, I believe that can be achieved..."
- US Ebola hysteria and money pit highlight lack of resources to confront diseases that kill far more people
- Addiction can be measured by epigenetics
- Coffee grounds turned biofuel can heat your home
- Bill and Melinda Gates on GMOs: ‘Poor farmers should not be denied choice of life-saving tools’
- Why do foodies love organics? Because they taste like McDonald’s!
- GMO milk? An enviros dream innovation that most enviros oppose
- Experimental breast cancer drug holds promise in combination therapy for Ewing sarcoma
- Desert streams: Deceptively simple
- UT Southwestern scientists discover new clues to how weight loss is regulated
- Gene that once aided survival in the Arctic found to have negative impact on health today
- Genomic data support early contact between Easter Island and Americas