We currently have an 'ad space' that promotes the site on the Kindle but very few people seem to use it - we have subscribers but they almost all came through Amazon. And dealing with Amazon for the Kindle was even more annoying dealing with Apple for the iPhone (Apple to such an extent where, by the time the approval process was done I tanked the iPhone app idea - if you want an app for free, it is easy, otherwise Apple only wants Apple to make money) so we have no relationship with them.
Plus I am skeptical that unless there is a big jump in that technology people are going to buy Kindle and just download some stuff versus an iPad where they can read live content and books.
Given that, what are some new ideas we could do with that space? On the front page we have a framework that has to be consistent (on article pages they vary in size so there is a lot more room) but we could still do a lot with it, either for writers here or the broad science community.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Case For Moon: Gateway For Open Ended Exploration, With Planetary Protection Central - On The SpaceShow
- Sweet Irony: The Environmental Impacts Of GMO Sugar Science Denial
- Why We Get Tired When We Stay Up Too Late
- The Real Cost Of Milk
- When It Comes To Replicating Psychology Studies, Good Luck
- We’re Not In Europe Any More: BfR Statement On EDCs Embraces The Risk-Based Approach
- Prescaled Jet Triggers: The Rationale Of Randomly Picking Events
- "Mi Cro, I happened upon your global temperature charts recently, and want to be sure I understand..."
- "You make good points. I thank you for them. I am enjoying reading your work. I agree that asteroid..."
- "Oh, okay, glad you aren't worried about little asteroids. Yes I agree, I haven't come across that..."
- "Hello Dario,no copies are made of the same event - the triggering and the data storage are two..."
- "Yes, as the numbers are averages, there is this possibility - actually it happens all the time..."
- Ketamine Better than Haloperidol for Sedation Onset But Not Much Else
- TIps & Tricks To Ward Off Ticks
- What is CRISPR-Cas9 and why do we need to know about it?
- Pancreatic Cancer: Surgery Improves Survival in One-third
- Intervention Decreases Adolescents’ Obesity
- What Organic and Chemical Actually Mean: A Glossary of Hijacked Terms
- Science instruments of NASA's James Webb Space Telescope successfully installed
- Tiny wasp sniffs out, picks up 'good vibrations' to battle ash borer
- Abundance inequality in freshwater communities has an ecological origin
- Family size and education levels: The right support could reverse long-held theory
- New water-quality data on impact of corn, soybeans on nitrate in Iowa streams