We currently have an 'ad space' that promotes the site on the Kindle but very few people seem to use it - we have subscribers but they almost all came through Amazon. And dealing with Amazon for the Kindle was even more annoying dealing with Apple for the iPhone (Apple to such an extent where, by the time the approval process was done I tanked the iPhone app idea - if you want an app for free, it is easy, otherwise Apple only wants Apple to make money) so we have no relationship with them.
Plus I am skeptical that unless there is a big jump in that technology people are going to buy Kindle and just download some stuff versus an iPad where they can read live content and books.
Given that, what are some new ideas we could do with that space? On the front page we have a framework that has to be consistent (on article pages they vary in size so there is a lot more room) but we could still do a lot with it, either for writers here or the broad science community.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Frankenworm: Heads And Brains Of One Species Grown On Body Of Another
- Supersymmetry Is About To Be Discovered, Kane Says
- How The Earth's Pacific Plates Collapsed
- "Imaginary Bullshit Planet" Nibiru - Lens Flares, Sun Mirages, Hoaxes & Just Plain Silly
- Canuckosaur! Not The Name Of The First Canadian Dinosaur, But It Should Be
- No, Earth's Magnetic Field Is Not About To Flip
- Ancient Genomes Reveal Natural Selection In Action
- "I've just done a kind of timeline for Planet X in answer to a question on Quora which may help..."
- "Alas, Prince Charles! His career bears out what G.K.Chesterton said in an interview with the..."
- "The South Pole Telescope was built there because the air is very dry and clear ,making it easier..."
- "There was no conspiracy here, just a coincidence. Harrington's version of Planet X was disproved..."
- "http://writers-web-services.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Planet_X_Magazine.pdf NO SCARY VIDEO..."
- Should the new hep C drugs be used sooner?
- Bilingual patients have better cognitive function post-stroke
- Caveat Comestor: New Yorker Cites ACSH On Cranberry Scare Of ’59
- Does Holiday Feasting Affect Obesity Rates?
- Apple Pie, Mashed Potatoes and Natural Formaldehyde
- New York City coalition made significant progress against colorectal cancer