We currently have an 'ad space' that promotes the site on the Kindle but very few people seem to use it - we have subscribers but they almost all came through Amazon. And dealing with Amazon for the Kindle was even more annoying dealing with Apple for the iPhone (Apple to such an extent where, by the time the approval process was done I tanked the iPhone app idea - if you want an app for free, it is easy, otherwise Apple only wants Apple to make money) so we have no relationship with them.
Plus I am skeptical that unless there is a big jump in that technology people are going to buy Kindle and just download some stuff versus an iPad where they can read live content and books.
Given that, what are some new ideas we could do with that space? On the front page we have a framework that has to be consistent (on article pages they vary in size so there is a lot more room) but we could still do a lot with it, either for writers here or the broad science community.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The Evolution Of Trichromatic Color Vision In Humans
- HIP 116454b Shows That Despite Malfunction, Kepler Can Still Find Planets
- Why Chinese Biotech Cotton Doesn't Lead To Pest Resistance, Even Without Non-Bt Refuges
- Why I’ll Talk Policy With Climate Change Deniers But Not Science
- Cellular Hydrogen Peroxide - A New Twist On The Free Radical Antioxidant Relationship
- Today's Global Warming Is Nothing Special
- When Embryonic Stem Cells Don't Know What To Make Of Themselves
- "Judging by the last image - Micrograph from Foldscope - that gadget is very impressive, as is the..."
- "Die Folkband Singt das Lied traditionell O Weihnachtsstern , O Weihnachtsstern !Dein Blätter sind..."
- "You spend a great deal of time on the ideological motivations of climate change deniers, but mistakenly..."
- "Or we can blame my mother. It was to be their senior trip in 1959 but Castro and Che Guevara got..."
- "Solution aversion is very real. Talking about solutions which the climate skeptics could live with..."
- Tooth loss linked to slowing mind and body
- Latest evidence on using hormone replacement therapy for treating menopausal symptoms
- Less than half of UK prescriptions for antipsychotics issued for main licensed conditions
- Don't be tempted to buy your teen a cheap (old) car, parents warned
- The Lancet: Doctor who survived Ebola received experimental drug treatment