As we start to move toward version 3.0 of Science 2.0 we'll be testing out new modules and features here and there. One of the things on the page you can see now is a tab for Hot Topics and Cool Links. Hot Topics you already know but Cool Links is a page with links and interesting stuff from other sites that may not merit a whole blog post by anyone on our valuable real estate, but are still interesting or fun to share.
So everyone with moderator access can create a new cool link, just like a blog post except it is a community page. From there, if you go for that sort of thing, you can only interface with social media sites via the tool bar.
Let us know what you think. Patrick knocked this out in a day yesterday - he was here at the house and I told him he had to watch the British Open until it was done, so it was like some whirl of hands, keyboard keys clacking, and Doritos crunching. He did a terrific job.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Sexual Fantasies: Threesomes Are Normal, Golden Showers Not So Much
- Ghost Light From Dead Galaxies - A Hubble Halloween
- US Wildlife Bans On GMOs And Neonics Lack Transparency And Scientific Rationale
- Mediterranean Diet Linked To Better Kidney Health
- Does Max Tegmark Kill A Daughter In A Parallel World ?
- Greenpeace Says Its GMOs Are Better Than Science's GMOs, Still Hates Golden Rice
- Big Ag Indeed: Organic Food Expected To Reach $105 Billion Next Year
- "A growing population is a huge problem because we take for granted the innovations that have..."
- " Well, perhaps, my inference and reply is faulty, but you do say Tolle basically claims his way..."
- "I'm flattered you think I wrote this. Jon will be less pleased...."
- "This is most interesting. The structures seem geometrically very similar to the screw dislocations..."
- "well, since Soylent Green is people, that probably explains it...."
- Vermont Rube Goldberg-like GMO labeling law exempts GMO filled natural supplements
- Downside to GMOs: Yields have become so good, they exceed processing capacity
- Anti-GMO bungle: Claim GM genes pass from food into blood collapses
- GLP Infographic: Is labeling GMOs really about our “Right to Know”?
- Biology of politics: Brain scans can identify your political beliefs?
- Spontaneous mutations and the genetic mysteries of autism
- Scientists trigger self-destruct switch in lung cancer cells
- Tropical Depression Nuri now haunting the western Pacific Ocean
- Strange, fanged deer persists in Afghanistan
- Tweet much to gain popularity is an inefficient strategy
- Tropical Storm Vance's center looks like a pumpkin to NASA's Terra satellite