As we start to move toward version 3.0 of Science 2.0 we'll be testing out new modules and features here and there. One of the things on the page you can see now is a tab for Hot Topics and Cool Links. Hot Topics you already know but Cool Links is a page with links and interesting stuff from other sites that may not merit a whole blog post by anyone on our valuable real estate, but are still interesting or fun to share.
So everyone with moderator access can create a new cool link, just like a blog post except it is a community page. From there, if you go for that sort of thing, you can only interface with social media sites via the tool bar.
Let us know what you think. Patrick knocked this out in a day yesterday - he was here at the house and I told him he had to watch the British Open until it was done, so it was like some whirl of hands, keyboard keys clacking, and Doritos crunching. He did a terrific job.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- How Gut Bacteria Ensure A Healthy Brain – and Could Play A Role In Treating Depression
- Researchers Created A Laser Bullet To See What It Would Look Like - And Here It Is
- We're Too Late To Prevent 137,000 More Ebola Cases, Says Epidemiology Paper
- The Quote Of The Week - Shocked And Disappointed
- The Strange Organic Molecules In Titan's Atmosphere
- Type 1 Diabetes Surges In White Kids
- It Takes More Than Singing To Strike A Chord In Music Education
- "The “non-negotiable mathematical reasons” for raising the height of flood defences are in a..."
- "For background, look at Paul Bloom’s 2004 book Descartes’ Baby. This has interesting material..."
- " It is possible that survival of Ebola virus victims would be much improved if an artificial fever..."
- "Priceless! I really needed a kick in the pants to get me to laugh at myself and this post did it..."
- "You have done an immense amount of work. It would help if you added some boxes to explain how you..."
- US Ebola hysteria and money pit highlight lack of resources to confront diseases that kill far more people
- Addiction can be measured by epigenetics
- Coffee grounds turned biofuel can heat your home
- Bill and Melinda Gates on GMOs: ‘Poor farmers should not be denied choice of life-saving tools’
- Why do foodies love organics? Because they taste like McDonald’s!
- GMO milk? An enviros dream innovation that most enviros oppose
- Global boom in hydropower expected this decade
- For brain hemorrhage, risk of death is lower at high-volume hospitals
- Roman-Britons had less gum disease than modern Britons
- 'Swingers' multiple drug use heightens risk of sexually transmitted diseases
- Were clinical trial practices in East Germany questionable?