I will just put this out there to the community to discuss - some people complain about ads. Granted, the people who complain about ads are probably not working for free and the most vocal critics on other sites who write 'for free' are being paid by tax dollars and using free software that is owned by large corporations. This is free in the same sense as Wordpress or Blogger. No one has to buy anything to write here or read here.
But Blogger and Wordpress can at least appear to be free so we can make it possible for you to go ad free as well. If you want to have no ads on your articles, send me a mail. Since everyone gets paid to write here I will disable payments for each interested columnist and remove ads from their columns. It will look really barren in two spots so I will put a banner for us or the kids site or some clever insider joke on occasion but it won't be a paid ad.
Over time, we can also implement an automated system for readers so when people have been here a certain number of times, we give them the option to not see any ads. People may think it's all evil corporations out there but if I tell advertisers the only people seeing their ads really want to see ads the value of them being here goes up.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Smoking, Drinking And Eating: It's Not About Your Freedom
- Part I: Bee Deaths Mystery Solved? Neonicotinoids (Neonics) May Actually Help Bee Health
- Part II: Bee Deaths And CCD - Flawed Chensheng Lu Harvard Studies Endanger Bees
- Big Data Engineering - Now With More Neuroscience
- Coffee Lowers Risk Of Alzheimer's Up To 20 Percent
- Diversity Fatigue: Why Businesses Struggle To Close The Gender Gap
- Like Collaboration And Intelligence In Humans? Thank War
- "No intelligent person believes tobacco controls' santimonious twaddle anymore. This is the purvey..."
- "A note from THE SIN OF PROHIBITION by G.K.Chesterton:So if you wish to change corporate behaviour..."
- "How can diseases linked to smoking tobacco be on the rise when the smoking rate has been consistently..."
- "I was looking at The Winnower again this morning, which led me back here. I tried to comment on..."
- "There is no question they were created to cater to universities and are staffed by people from..."
- Behavioral interventions to prevent progression to diabetes equally effective in men and women
- Gender differences in adaptation to space flight
- Long-term complication rate low in nose job using patient's own rib cartilage
- Survival differences seen for advanced-stage laryngeal cancer
- Effect of once-daily, low-dose aspirin on heart attack deaths and other outcomes