I will just put this out there to the community to discuss - some people complain about ads. Granted, the people who complain about ads are probably not working for free and the most vocal critics on other sites who write 'for free' are being paid by tax dollars and using free software that is owned by large corporations. This is free in the same sense as Wordpress or Blogger. No one has to buy anything to write here or read here.
But Blogger and Wordpress can at least appear to be free so we can make it possible for you to go ad free as well. If you want to have no ads on your articles, send me a mail. Since everyone gets paid to write here I will disable payments for each interested columnist and remove ads from their columns. It will look really barren in two spots so I will put a banner for us or the kids site or some clever insider joke on occasion but it won't be a paid ad.
Over time, we can also implement an automated system for readers so when people have been here a certain number of times, we give them the option to not see any ads. People may think it's all evil corporations out there but if I tell advertisers the only people seeing their ads really want to see ads the value of them being here goes up.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- USDA Microbiologist Warns Bacteria In Vaping Products May Be A Health Concern
- Free Market Validation: Men With Hair Transplants Are Seen As Younger, More Attractive
- Kudos To "The Independent" Newspaper For Debunking Nibiru "Blood Moon" Hoax
- Your Microbiome Did Not Cause Your Weight Problem
- Sudden Death In Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy - The Exercise Didn't Do It
- A Great Blitz Game
- Control Cancer By Making The Tumor Cell Environment Hostile
- "It seems to me to be the ultimate in irony to commit suicide now, because of the belief that in..."
- "The image problem with the vaping community is that proponents smack of zealotry. This is a great..."
- "Sigh. Not only is it common sense to wash out your drinking cup/a vaping device tip, my own dental..."
- "Propylene Glycol was approved for inhalation by the FDA in 1952 and again in 1959 because it was..."
- "Sascha - I hear you. You're very angry about some knowledge you've only recently come by. You might..."
- Breast Cancer: Genomics May Show Where Chemo Might Not Be Needed
- Gallup Poll: Great Example of How to Bias a Social Science Study
- Another Kardashian Craze Debunked
- Fad Friday: Ditch The Body Wrap!
- Commonly Cited Stat of 10 Bacteria for Every 1 Human Cell Is Wrong
- Why The EpiPen And Other Generic Drugs Are So Expensive
- Irish Researchers join international team to make a breakthrough in fundamental physics
- NIH collaboration helps advance potential Zika treatments
- Researchers unravel process for the formation of rainstorms
- Milky Way had a blowout bash 6 million years ago
- ERs after Obamacare: More patients, fewer on-call specialists