At Albion Bookshop in Oxfordshire on March 16th from 4-7 PM, Science 2.0's Catarina Amorim is hosting an afternoon of stories, science for the everyday challenges and improv theatre. In between events, grab a cake, a tea or a glass of wine and take the opportunity to meet other members of the audience the scientists/performers:
Joana Andrade is an applied mathematician finishing a PhD in the much-more-interesting-than-the-name-suggests subject of “salt fingering” at Imperial College, London. Besides her research, she is interested in things like history, literature, linguistics and social activism. Joana is also known for making some of the foulest tasting jam known to mankind, a love of long walks in the country, wellington boots and for keeping above the flood in Berkshire, where she currently lives with her husband and two children.
is a biologist that has dedicated most of her serious time, in the past twelve years, to trying to unravel what makes a brain psychotic at the Institute of Psychiatry at King’s College London, where she is a Lecturer. Besides genes and brains, she spends her time playing around with music, dance and acting – an addiction she cannot get away from (… she does get particularly high on improvisation!)
After a couple of years training in London as a Dramatherapist,
is popping up again in Oxford’s most intimate spaces. A regular contributor at George’s Jamboree and The Furry Mic, this is his first foray into ‘science theatre’. He had a spell with the Oxford Imps a few years ago, as well as a one-man show at Oxfringe, and in last year’s festival appeared in Pinter’s ‘The Lover’. He also gives the drama and comedy workshops, ‘Playing for Laughs’, juggles, plays music and tells stories to all ages.
More detail: Oxfordshire Science Festival
Sign up on Facebook
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The Five Stages Of A Dying Theory
- Should Pregnant Women Be Concerned About BPA?
- President Elect Trump - Why Climate Change Is No Longer A Political Issue Outside The US
- Australopithecus Afarensis: ‘Lucy’ Was A Tree Climber?
- Trump’s Cuban Insight Trumps Fidel Kaepernick’s Caper 2/2
- Jena's Roots In The Tree Of Life
- Great Scott! Climate Change Deniers Accept Models!
- "Just to let you know, Daniel Dady, that web privacy is becoming an ever-scarcer commodity and that..."
- "First to say, that I grant Science20 rights to publish my articles here, but I do retain copyright..."
- "You claim to 'know' because of 'something you saw on the web', but do not allow us to cite 'something..."
- "There is lots of proof. This is why astronomers are totally sure it is nonsense, an article..."
- "HAHA SAME AS THIS BLOG THEN NO PROOF OF THERE OWN JUST LINKS TO OTHER PEOPLES WHAT A JOKE YOU LOT..."
- Five PM? Time for Breakfast!
- Include Aerobic Fitness in Physical Exams, Heart Association Recommends
- Female Vervet Monkeys Assault Males that Do Not Participate in Fights
- Vaginal Ring Effective for HIV Infection Prevention
- Winter is No Wonderland
- On Fitness & Longevity, Don't Be Misled By Health Hype Headlines