At Albion Bookshop in Oxfordshire on March 16th from 4-7 PM, Science 2.0's Catarina Amorim is hosting an afternoon of stories, science for the everyday challenges and improv theatre. In between events, grab a cake, a tea or a glass of wine and take the opportunity to meet other members of the audience the scientists/performers:
Joana Andrade is an applied mathematician finishing a PhD in the much-more-interesting-than-the-name-suggests subject of “salt fingering” at Imperial College, London. Besides her research, she is interested in things like history, literature, linguistics and social activism. Joana is also known for making some of the foulest tasting jam known to mankind, a love of long walks in the country, wellington boots and for keeping above the flood in Berkshire, where she currently lives with her husband and two children.
is a biologist that has dedicated most of her serious time, in the past twelve years, to trying to unravel what makes a brain psychotic at the Institute of Psychiatry at King’s College London, where she is a Lecturer. Besides genes and brains, she spends her time playing around with music, dance and acting – an addiction she cannot get away from (… she does get particularly high on improvisation!)
After a couple of years training in London as a Dramatherapist,
is popping up again in Oxford’s most intimate spaces. A regular contributor at George’s Jamboree and The Furry Mic, this is his first foray into ‘science theatre’. He had a spell with the Oxford Imps a few years ago, as well as a one-man show at Oxfringe, and in last year’s festival appeared in Pinter’s ‘The Lover’. He also gives the drama and comedy workshops, ‘Playing for Laughs’, juggles, plays music and tells stories to all ages.
More detail: Oxfordshire Science Festival
Sign up on Facebook
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Bang !! 13 TeV - The Highest Energy Ever Achieved By Mankind ?!
- Mystery Of Morgellons - Disease Or Delusion - Scientific Hypothesis Of Connection With Lyme Disease
- Highest Energy Collisions ? Not In My Book
- WISE J224607.57-052635.0, The Most Luminous Galaxy In The Universe
- Blue Buffalo Admits Its Pet Food Contains The Poultry Byproduct It Ridicules In Competitors
- Tunable Liquid Metal Antenna Controlled By Voltage
- Tanzania's Disappearing Serengeti
- "I have been suffering for four years. It has been an agonizing, moment by moment of horrors. I..."
- "Thanks, glad to have helped. And wonderful to hear that your symptoms are so much improved :)...."
- "Myth#3A:Australia borders both in the Western Pacific AND the Indian Ocean. We call a typhoon a..."
- "Okay for what she says about BDD, see her paper here: Association of spirochetal infection..."
- "Bovine Digital Dermatitis was connected to morgellons disease because of wart-like and hair-like..."
- Vaccines developed for H5N1, H7N9 avian influenza strains
- European Medicines Agency recommends full approval of ibrutinib to treat Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia
- In Northern Ireland, sectarianism has become sextarianism
- RegeneRx Phase II Dry Eye Trial results
- How schizophrenia risk gene DISC1 affects the brain