At Albion Bookshop in Oxfordshire on March 16th from 4-7 PM, Science 2.0's Catarina Amorim is hosting an afternoon of stories, science for the everyday challenges and improv theatre. In between events, grab a cake, a tea or a glass of wine and take the opportunity to meet other members of the audience the scientists/performers:
Joana Andrade is an applied mathematician finishing a PhD in the much-more-interesting-than-the-name-suggests subject of “salt fingering” at Imperial College, London. Besides her research, she is interested in things like history, literature, linguistics and social activism. Joana is also known for making some of the foulest tasting jam known to mankind, a love of long walks in the country, wellington boots and for keeping above the flood in Berkshire, where she currently lives with her husband and two children.
is a biologist that has dedicated most of her serious time, in the past twelve years, to trying to unravel what makes a brain psychotic at the Institute of Psychiatry at King’s College London, where she is a Lecturer. Besides genes and brains, she spends her time playing around with music, dance and acting – an addiction she cannot get away from (… she does get particularly high on improvisation!)
After a couple of years training in London as a Dramatherapist,
is popping up again in Oxford’s most intimate spaces. A regular contributor at George’s Jamboree and The Furry Mic, this is his first foray into ‘science theatre’. He had a spell with the Oxford Imps a few years ago, as well as a one-man show at Oxfringe, and in last year’s festival appeared in Pinter’s ‘The Lover’. He also gives the drama and comedy workshops, ‘Playing for Laughs’, juggles, plays music and tells stories to all ages.
More detail: Oxfordshire Science Festival
Sign up on Facebook
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- As Dawn Approaches, The First Color Images Of Ceres
- Can Moons Have Moonlets? Or Rings?
- Eyes Are On The James Webb Space Telescope As Hubble's 25th Anniversary Approaches
- Should Caffeine Be A Schedule 1 Drug?
- Dr. Henry Miller To Columbia: Give Oz The Boot
- Guess the Plot
- Eating In Restaurants Linked To High Blood Pressure In College Students
- "For ready reference here is the link to the article Chemistry of Disappearing Alcohol: Your..."
- "Indeed. Sir, your analysis explains exactly how I got those misconceptions. On the 2nd misconception..."
- "HELP for Info on antibiotic resistance (to other antibiotics) from taking 100mg doxycycline daily..."
- "Your words hurt a guy who looks at space for a living. Anyway, they have two dozen editors but..."
- "What do you expect from a wormeater? This website seems to be a joke, and not in an onion sort..."