At Albion Bookshop in Oxfordshire on March 16th from 4-7 PM, Science 2.0's Catarina Amorim is hosting an afternoon of stories, science for the everyday challenges and improv theatre. In between events, grab a cake, a tea or a glass of wine and take the opportunity to meet other members of the audience the scientists/performers:
Joana Andrade is an applied mathematician finishing a PhD in the much-more-interesting-than-the-name-suggests subject of “salt fingering” at Imperial College, London. Besides her research, she is interested in things like history, literature, linguistics and social activism. Joana is also known for making some of the foulest tasting jam known to mankind, a love of long walks in the country, wellington boots and for keeping above the flood in Berkshire, where she currently lives with her husband and two children.
is a biologist that has dedicated most of her serious time, in the past twelve years, to trying to unravel what makes a brain psychotic at the Institute of Psychiatry at King’s College London, where she is a Lecturer. Besides genes and brains, she spends her time playing around with music, dance and acting – an addiction she cannot get away from (… she does get particularly high on improvisation!)
After a couple of years training in London as a Dramatherapist,
is popping up again in Oxford’s most intimate spaces. A regular contributor at George’s Jamboree and The Furry Mic, this is his first foray into ‘science theatre’. He had a spell with the Oxford Imps a few years ago, as well as a one-man show at Oxfringe, and in last year’s festival appeared in Pinter’s ‘The Lover’. He also gives the drama and comedy workshops, ‘Playing for Laughs’, juggles, plays music and tells stories to all ages.
More detail: Oxfordshire Science Festival
Sign up on Facebook
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- ATLAS Higgs Challenge Results
- Radical Rethink: Sugars Are The Only Cause Of Tooth Decay
- Life After The 125 GeV Higgs: What Is Left Of Two-Higgs Doublet Models
- Genetically Modified Wheat, Without The GMO Drama
- It's Almost 2015 - So Where Is My Hoverboard?
- Drugs For Mild Hypertension In Low Risk People Questioned
- No books for you! City Colleges of Chicago Students.
- "There is nothing in this that indicts climate science, I simply make fun of things that are not..."
- "I am not understanding the point of this, other than a complete waste of time, money and resources..."
- "I'm confused by your article Hank, by what I'm interpriting you seem to be saying that the idea..."
- "The barycenter of the Solar System wobbles due to the motion of the planets.Here..."
- "I wanted just to introduce another jargon, the machine learning one ;)..."
Books By Writers Here