At Albion Bookshop in Oxfordshire on March 16th from 4-7 PM, Science 2.0's Catarina Amorim is hosting an afternoon of stories, science for the everyday challenges and improv theatre. In between events, grab a cake, a tea or a glass of wine and take the opportunity to meet other members of the audience the scientists/performers:
Joana Andrade is an applied mathematician finishing a PhD in the much-more-interesting-than-the-name-suggests subject of “salt fingering” at Imperial College, London. Besides her research, she is interested in things like history, literature, linguistics and social activism. Joana is also known for making some of the foulest tasting jam known to mankind, a love of long walks in the country, wellington boots and for keeping above the flood in Berkshire, where she currently lives with her husband and two children.
is a biologist that has dedicated most of her serious time, in the past twelve years, to trying to unravel what makes a brain psychotic at the Institute of Psychiatry at King’s College London, where she is a Lecturer. Besides genes and brains, she spends her time playing around with music, dance and acting – an addiction she cannot get away from (… she does get particularly high on improvisation!)
After a couple of years training in London as a Dramatherapist,
is popping up again in Oxford’s most intimate spaces. A regular contributor at George’s Jamboree and The Furry Mic, this is his first foray into ‘science theatre’. He had a spell with the Oxford Imps a few years ago, as well as a one-man show at Oxfringe, and in last year’s festival appeared in Pinter’s ‘The Lover’. He also gives the drama and comedy workshops, ‘Playing for Laughs’, juggles, plays music and tells stories to all ages.
More detail: Oxfordshire Science Festival
Sign up on Facebook
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Super Collider Finds Evidence We Are Not Alone In The Universe
- New Plant Detects GMOs
- BPA Will Kill The World - Homeopathically
- FMRI Study Finds That Mindfulness More Effective Than Scientology At Clearing Thetans
- Scientific Research Helps Create First Ice Casino Blueprints
- Instead of an April's Fool
- Kardashian Lumbar Curvature Index - An Evolutionary Hypothesis
- "April fools. ..."
- "First, now that you mention it Hank does have a dashing elegance about him. I really can't blame..."
- "I agree that this is not a 'it could happen to any of us' situation. They stole a car, had a gun..."
- "Who said anything about taking away your choices? I'm a firm believer in individual choice. If..."
- "I’ve read the “heavy” news item, and it seems to me that the officers at the scene or the..."