On Thursday 10th May 2012 at 7PM (BST), the "Walking with the Wounded" Mt. Everest team will take part in the world's highest ever Whisky Tasting event.
The broadcast will take place live from Everest Base Camp at 5,364 meters, where the team will 'nose' and 'taste' a selection of Glenfiddich's finest single malt reserves. They will be joined by a panel of guests live from The London Stock Exchange for no reason I can figure out, other than that stockbrokers love free booze.
Guests for the 'World's Highest Whisky Tasting' will include 'adventure doctor' Dr. Ian Davis charity founder Ed Parker and Mark Thomson, Director of Dramatic Whisky. The 45 minute show will be streamed live on the Internet, on the Telegraph site, on Absolute Radio's website and on a Glenfiddich microsite.
Adventure specialists Captive Minds Communications, noted for their North Pole trip with Prince Harry have engaged online media expert StreamUK to provide the live stream and technical support. Viewers tuning in will receive a introduction to Whisky Tasting, hear more from the "Walking with the Wounded" team on their Everest climb and be able to ask the team questions via Twitter using the hashtag #WWTWLive
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Why An Extra Planet Can't Be Hidden Behind The Sun Or Above The South Pole
- Lichen: Apparently Happy Couple Really A Threesome
- The Daily Physics Problem - 2
- People Estimate Their Own Abilities Based On Others' Performance
- US Could Feed Twice As Many People - If Only Elites Eat Meat
- The Daily Physics Problem - 1
- Hugh Hefner's Wife Was Not Poisoned By Breast Implants
- "You sir havent got a leg to stand on and should be ashamed of yourself you no its real deep down..."
- "Your information sir is well out of date do you think people have not seen this information before..."
- "Thank you for your long article. I did not read it all because it was too long. But I'm not sure..."
- "Sorry, Tommaso, but the kind of problems ...Consider all thinkable physics- and detector-related..."
- "Dear, sir you are obviously furiously trying to get your book out before you are branded a fraud..."
- Unusual new zoantharian species is the first described solitary species in over 100 years
- Scientists develop painless and inexpensive microneedle system to monitor drugs
- Parasite proteins prompt immune system to fight off ovarian tumors in mice
- Behavioral activation as effective as CBT for depression, at lower cost
- The Lancet: Simpler, cheaper psychological treatment as effective as cognitive behavioural therapy for treating depression