On Thursday 10th May 2012 at 7PM (BST), the "Walking with the Wounded" Mt. Everest team will take part in the world's highest ever Whisky Tasting event.
The broadcast will take place live from Everest Base Camp at 5,364 meters, where the team will 'nose' and 'taste' a selection of Glenfiddich's finest single malt reserves. They will be joined by a panel of guests live from The London Stock Exchange for no reason I can figure out, other than that stockbrokers love free booze.
Guests for the 'World's Highest Whisky Tasting' will include 'adventure doctor' Dr. Ian Davis charity founder Ed Parker and Mark Thomson, Director of Dramatic Whisky. The 45 minute show will be streamed live on the Internet, on the Telegraph site, on Absolute Radio's website and on a Glenfiddich microsite.
Adventure specialists Captive Minds Communications, noted for their North Pole trip with Prince Harry have engaged online media expert StreamUK to provide the live stream and technical support. Viewers tuning in will receive a introduction to Whisky Tasting, hear more from the "Walking with the Wounded" team on their Everest climb and be able to ask the team questions via Twitter using the hashtag #WWTWLive
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Mystery Of Morgellons - Disease Or Delusion - Scientific Hypothesis Of Connection With Lyme Disease
- Robot Tongue Identifies The Correct Beer Every Time
- Your Probiotic Probably Has Gluten
- Machine Learning And Big Data Is Changing Sports
- Did The Scottish Settle Iceland A Century Before The Norse?
- 2nd law of thermodynamics
- Mummy Madness In The Anatomical Record - All Open Access
- "64. Combo of Overweight, High Sodium Intake Speeds Cell Aging in Teens. March 20th, 2014 http://blog..."
- " This pretty well destroys the Myth of second hand smoke: Lungs from pack-a-day smokers safe for..."
- "This is a good start, but describing the waste stream of nuclear power in terms of carbon production..."
- "Knowing this would a mitochondrial superoxide like MitoQ be beneficial or harmful?..."
- "It makes a huge different to the environment. And I think that's a good enough reason to hail organi..."