On Thursday 10th May 2012 at 7PM (BST), the "Walking with the Wounded" Mt. Everest team will take part in the world's highest ever Whisky Tasting event.
The broadcast will take place live from Everest Base Camp at 5,364 meters, where the team will 'nose' and 'taste' a selection of Glenfiddich's finest single malt reserves. They will be joined by a panel of guests live from The London Stock Exchange for no reason I can figure out, other than that stockbrokers love free booze.
Guests for the 'World's Highest Whisky Tasting' will include 'adventure doctor' Dr. Ian Davis charity founder Ed Parker and Mark Thomson, Director of Dramatic Whisky. The 45 minute show will be streamed live on the Internet, on the Telegraph site, on Absolute Radio's website and on a Glenfiddich microsite.
Adventure specialists Captive Minds Communications, noted for their North Pole trip with Prince Harry have engaged online media expert StreamUK to provide the live stream and technical support. Viewers tuning in will receive a introduction to Whisky Tasting, hear more from the "Walking with the Wounded" team on their Everest climb and be able to ask the team questions via Twitter using the hashtag #WWTWLive
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Hardwired For Miscommunication? Why Women Think Sex When Men Just Want To Be Friends
- Prevent Alzheimer's Disease By Drinking Beer?
- Exposure To BPA – It’s Not What Some People Think
- Religious People View Science Favorably But Reject Some Theories - Just Like Everyone Else
- Cometary Globule CG4 - From God's Hand To The Mouth Of The Beast
- Outsourcing: 3 Ways To Stop Medical Research Brain Drain
- Acceptance Of Evolution Is Far Higher Than Acceptance Of Other Biology
- "Every man has the right to vote for the choice they think is right for them!..."
- "Hank,Here is a prime example of the stupidity you bring up.http://nexus.od.nih.gov/all/2014/12/09/following..."
- "The horrible intelligent lava monsters of Kepler 444 are probably offended that we think they don't..."
- "Certain stories in the new media at large have been talking about Kepler 444 and the possibility..."
- "It may not be the passing game that benefits the most, it may be in the run...."