On Thursday 10th May 2012 at 7PM (BST), the "Walking with the Wounded" Mt. Everest team will take part in the world's highest ever Whisky Tasting event.
The broadcast will take place live from Everest Base Camp at 5,364 meters, where the team will 'nose' and 'taste' a selection of Glenfiddich's finest single malt reserves. They will be joined by a panel of guests live from The London Stock Exchange for no reason I can figure out, other than that stockbrokers love free booze.
Guests for the 'World's Highest Whisky Tasting' will include 'adventure doctor' Dr. Ian Davis charity founder Ed Parker and Mark Thomson, Director of Dramatic Whisky. The 45 minute show will be streamed live on the Internet, on the Telegraph site, on Absolute Radio's website and on a Glenfiddich microsite.
Adventure specialists Captive Minds Communications, noted for their North Pole trip with Prince Harry have engaged online media expert StreamUK to provide the live stream and technical support. Viewers tuning in will receive a introduction to Whisky Tasting, hear more from the "Walking with the Wounded" team on their Everest climb and be able to ask the team questions via Twitter using the hashtag #WWTWLive
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Moderate Pot Use By Adolescents Doesn't Hurt IQ
- Dopamine Receptor Agonist Drugs Linked To Gambling And Hypersexuality
- What's Hiding Under The Clouds Of Venus - Heavy Metal Frost?
- Ashes And Vegetables: The Diet Of Roman Gladiators Was Rather Poor
- Government Math: More Will Lose Health Insurance Than Gained It If ACA Subsidies Are Eliminated
- Manly Men And Feminine Women Are Not Evolutionary Mandates - They Are Urban Ones
- New Pill-only Regimens Cure Patients With Hardest-to-treat Hepatitis C Infection
- "Our daughter had a serious adverse reaction to the MMR. When the HPV vaccine was offered we opted..."
- "Just like how the ability to learn language is ingrained, not any specific language, so certain..."
- "Since there's no actual link between vaccines and autism, I think the phrase Vaccines have been..."
- "I'll not argue that humanity made God in their image, because we sought to explain something we..."
- "I think we all are atheist, agnostics, and believers throughout our life time. I also, think some..."
- Mutagenesis: One way Europeans wish it was 1936 again
- Closer examination of risk factors for Latinos underscores cultural diversity
- Saving bees requires less pesticides, changing farming
- Could GM plants replace airport security scanners?
- In a battle of brains, chimpanzees match human toddlers
- ‘Urban farmers’ behind GMO labeling initiatives
- UCSF researchers identify key factor in transition from moderate to problem drinking
- Expert highlights research innovation and is optimistic about the future of IBS treatment
- Alternate approach to traditional CPR saves lives
- Once CD8 T cells take on one virus, they'll fight others too
- 11 million will lose health insurance if ACA subsidies are eliminated, study finds