On Thursday 10th May 2012 at 7PM (BST), the "Walking with the Wounded" Mt. Everest team will take part in the world's highest ever Whisky Tasting event.
The broadcast will take place live from Everest Base Camp at 5,364 meters, where the team will 'nose' and 'taste' a selection of Glenfiddich's finest single malt reserves. They will be joined by a panel of guests live from The London Stock Exchange for no reason I can figure out, other than that stockbrokers love free booze.
Guests for the 'World's Highest Whisky Tasting' will include 'adventure doctor' Dr. Ian Davis charity founder Ed Parker and Mark Thomson, Director of Dramatic Whisky. The 45 minute show will be streamed live on the Internet, on the Telegraph site, on Absolute Radio's website and on a Glenfiddich microsite.
Adventure specialists Captive Minds Communications, noted for their North Pole trip with Prince Harry have engaged online media expert StreamUK to provide the live stream and technical support. Viewers tuning in will receive a introduction to Whisky Tasting, hear more from the "Walking with the Wounded" team on their Everest climb and be able to ask the team questions via Twitter using the hashtag #WWTWLive
'World's Highest Whisky Tasting' Broadcast Live From Mt. Everest Base Camp
- Causes Of Death On Mount Everest Explored- And It's Not Avalanches Or Ice
- Weekend Science: ArKay No Calorie, Hangover-Free Whisky
- 4,000 Reasons To Love Chemistry- And That's Just In Whisky
- Everest Poker Launches New Player Focused Website
- Climbers With Multiple Sclerosis And Parkinson's Disease Conquer Mt Kilimanjaro