- America Leads The World In Controlling Energy Consumption And Emissions- We Should Be Exporting That, Not Solar Dogma
As the world's most powerful economy, we read a lot about how America needs to do more to use cleaner energy, and less of it. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jan 28 2019 - 11:27am
- Yawn: The Doomsday Clock Created By Anti-Nuclear Activists Is Still Close To Midnight
The Doomsday Clock, a public relations stunt created by Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists (1) remains stuck at two minutes until midnight. Just like it was in 1953, the height of the Cold War, when school kids did drills about hiding under desks and everyo ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jan 24 2019 - 3:39pm
- In Experiments, Hen Solarium Increases The Vitamin D Content Of Eggs
Vitamin D helps keep bones strong and some diseases at bay. During the summer months, people are able to get about 90 percent of their daily vitamin D requirements through exposure to sunlight, but that is not the case during a northeast winter. The remai ...
Article - News Staff - Jun 24 2019 - 4:00pm
- The Amount Of Water Injected In Conventional Oil And Gas Production Exceeds Fracking By 10X
High-volume hydraulic fracturing, colloquially called fracking, injects water, sand and chemicals under high pressure into petroleum-bearing rock formations to recover previously inaccessible oil and natural gas. While it was experimented with since the 19 ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 15 2019 - 6:14pm
- Prototype Reactor Turns CO2 Into Formic Acid, Pure Liquid Fuel
The prototype of a catalytic reactor, an electrolyzer, uses carbon dioxide as its feedstock and produces high concentrations of formic acid, pure liquid fuel. In tests, the new electrocatalyst reached an energy conversion efficiency of about 42%. That me ...
Article - News Staff - Sep 3 2019 - 10:19am
- How Does Solar Power Work?
How do solar panels work? – Nathan, age 5, Melbourne, Australia. The Sun produces a lot of energy called solar energy. Australia gets 20,000 times more energy from the Sun each day than we do from oil, gas and coal. This solar energy will continue for as ...
Article - The Conversation - Nov 5 2019 - 8:36pm
- Biofuels Are A Negative For The Climate And We Can Thank Environmentalists For That
When Al Gore was Vice-President in 1994, he forced the U.S. EPA to mandate ethanol in gasoline by breaking the Senate tie in favor of environmentalists who had been pushing ethanol as 'sustainable biofuel' for decades. His vote forced gasoline ma ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Dec 6 2019 - 10:41am
- Lithium-Sulphur Battery Can Power A Smartphone For 5 Days
Australian academics have a filed patent (PCT/AU 2019/051239) on the manufacturing process for a lithium-sulphur battery capable of powering a smartphone for five continuous days. Even better for them, they got $2.5 million in government funding and indust ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 7 2020 - 5:47pm
- Solar Power Is A Manifestation Of Income Inequality, Solar Geoengineering May Instead Fix It
Solar panel proponents rave about their solar energy. They tout how low their electricity bills are, that the utility is forced to buy energy from them at the same price they sell it, and that they are helping the planet. ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 13 2020 - 5:28pm
- Microsoft Made-Up Math: They'll Become Carbon Neutral Using Electric Cars And Charging Themselves Carbon Taxes
Microsoft, Google, and Amazon are trying to out-compete each other in ways to wrap themselves in the flag of environmental sustainability, but some of the ways they want to do it are laughable. Amazon's Jeff Bezos wants to do his part to stop global w ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jan 17 2020 - 10:44am