Note: before performing an exorcism, evaluate the subject’s potential for violence (with the strength and malignity of the possession in mind), and restrain accordingly, usually with ropes, straps or duct tape.
Note II: The following ritual may or may not work with computers, depending on operating system and waterproofing. Still, it may be worth a try.
1. Priest is dressed in cassock, surplice and purple stole.
2. Trace sign of cross over self, person possessed, and all present. Sprinkle all with holy water.
3. Recitation by priest and response by those present of the Rite of Exorcism including the following highlights:
• I cast you out, unclean spirit, along with every Satanic power of the enemy, every specter from Hell, and all your fell companions!
• I adjure you, ancient serpent, by the judge of the living and the dead, by your Creator, by the Creator of the whole universe, by Him who has the power to consign you to Hell, to depart forthwith in fear, along with your savage minions, from this servant of God!
• Therefore I adjure you profligate dragon, in the name of the spotless Lamb, who has trodden down the asp and the basilisk, and overcome the lion and the dragon, to depart this man!
• Begone now! Begone seducer! Your place is in solitude; your abode is in the nest of serpents; get down and crawl with them!
According to Father Gabriele Amorth, the Vatican’s go-to guy for exorcism and Honorary President for Life of the International Association of Exorcists, a curse can originate from “maledictions by close relatives, a habit of blaspheming, membership in the Freemasonry, spiritic or magic practices, and so on.” If you feel that you are or may be possessed by a malignant spirit, you should immediately employ the following steps (a Roman Catholic stop, drop and roll):
1. Immediately reject any and all types of unnatural insights.
2. Avoid drugs, alcohol, illicit sex and pornography.
3. Terminate associations with Freemasonry, Eastern religions, and the Harry Potter series.
4. Install the newest version of Catholic Firewall.
Join me every Monday morning for grandtastic goodies from The Geeks' Guide to World Domination. Or if you like your geekery delivered fresh, consider subscribing to my rss feed or joining my Facebook Fan Page.
- Dies Irae- How Four Notes From An Ancient Gregorian Chant Makes Movies Dramatic
- Health In The Dark Ages: Demonic Possession And Miraculous Healing
- While The Roman Empire Collapsed, Trade Thrived
- IPod Comes Out On Top As Most Prized Possession
- Loss Aversion: Why We Think More About Potential Loss Than Gain