However during interaction with villagers it was pointed out that their husbands would not like the food cooked on stoves of biofuel oil or for that matter biogas as they like the chapatis made on chulhas. All women know the way to the heart of a man is through stomach at least village women would not like to annoy their husbands by cooking on stoves. The cowdung cakes made from cowdung are tremendous amount of waste of organic matter that must be restored to the soil, but the smell that the food gets by cooking on cowdung or milk which is kept for boiling for some hrs, or Battis made on cowdung are hardly have and alternative in cooking on stove of bioufuel. However at least if there could be shift in the mindset of rural people to stop cutting woods after being educated of the perils which virtually many parts of Africa are now facing is a difficult task to be undertaken. But perhaps changing mindset and educating them with environmental degradation is the only alternative left to save the planet and educating women is of primary importance.
- IMPROVING THE BIOFUEL UTILIZATION EFFICIENCY IN THE RURAL VILLAGES BY MODIFYING THE FIRE STOVE 'CHULHA.
- Durban Conference: Green house gas mitigation: Checking of deforestation: Planting fuels.
- Fences for fuel a project completed at Viratnagar by SPRI and HPPI with World bank assistance
- Indoor pollution could be mitigated with bio fuel resources.
- Black Carbon Linked To Cardiovascular Health In Women