PARIS, May 19 /PRNewswire/ -- Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) today announced that it will demonstrate its leadership and industry vision for transforming communications at the upcoming Management World (MW) trade show, taking place in Nice, France, between May 20 and 22.
Ranked No. 1 in OSS (Operations Support Systems) by Gartner and No. 2 in Global Telecom Software by OSS Observer, serving more than 180 customers world-wide; Alcatel-Lucent is expanding its multivendor consulting and integration offers, leveraging its services infrastructure expertise, into applications and the Alcatel-Lucent Open Service Delivery Environment framework - which includes Service Delivery Platforms (SDPs) and a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) approach - to help its customers deliver blended services faster. This is part of the Alcatel-Lucent Transformation Advantage Framework, which was announced in January 2008.
"We see service providers continuing their operations and IT streamlining, while aiming to offer blended multimedia services," said Jean-Pierre Gaillat, Managing Vice President of Alcatel-Lucent's, OSS/BSS & Systems Integration activities. "Through our unique expertise combining IT, Applications, SDPs, OSS, BSS and network integration, we bring business value in establishing an infrastructure that can flexibly deliver innovative services to their customers. Our participation in TM Forum's Service Delivery Framework team and Content Encounter Catalyst, is a solid demonstration of our capabilities."
Alcatel-Lucent has 11 speaking and panel slots demonstrating thought-leadership and its leading role in operations and IT transformation, including:
- A case study led by Jean-Pierre Gaillat, Managing VP, OSS/BSS & IS with Peter Maxwell of eircom on next-generation network roll-outs.
- A service fulfilment case study led by Andreas Lampen, Director, Design & Partner Management, OSS/BSS with Michael Götzelmann, Head of Service Provisioning Team, Arcor.
- Examples of operational challenges due to new regulator push in countries such as Singapore and New Zealand led by Radhi Nouira, VP Business Development OSS/BSS, Asia Pacific, Alcatel-Lucent.
- Several other chair, panel, and talks on service delivery, home management and beyond.
Alcatel-Lucent is taking part in the Content Encounter II Catalyst showcase demonstrating rapid service creation and lifecycle management of blended services as well as monitoring the quality of experience of content services. At its booth (# 107), Alcatel-Lucent will showcase a wide range of demonstrations and solutions that help providers deliver and manage profitable, personalized and blended services to their customers. Alcatel-Lucent also will highlight its leading OSS/BSS and network expertise and experience with a wide variety of IT and operations consulting services to help customers thoroughly assess, design, deploy, and verify if their processes are streamlined and agile for the era of transformation.
These demonstrations include:
- Methodology for Transformation: Learn key steps for optimizing Service Delivery and Operations using IT services methodologies and modeling as you transform to SOA.
- Monetizing Applications & Networks: Witness a location and presence-based service delivery demonstration involving SOA-compliant service creation and activation. See how Service Registry is used to manage service lifecycle and used for run time governance of blended application.
- Content to Device Assurance: Use progressive assurance techniques to monitor, troubleshoot, and ensure quality to exceed customer expectations for blended lifestyle services based on a SOA/SPD/IMS environment.
- Remote Management of Home Networks: See Alcatel-Lucent's solution for home device management (3Play home devices, Femtocell, etc.) and associated customer support.
- Streamlined Convergent Billing & Rating: Establish flexible billing plans for maximum revenue exploiting converged payment types (pre-, post-, etc.), applications, and access means. One demo explains how enterprises and consumers can control communication utilization and costs of multimedia and fixed-mobile converged services via real-time portals.
- Caring for Your Customers: Take part in Alcatel-Lucent's multimedia call center solutions using state-of-the-art mobile video support with its partner Genesys.
- Secure Your Customer's Applications: Managed operations and IT security with best practices policies, procedures, and tools including fourth-generation and multi-party applications.
Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) provides solutions that enable service providers, enterprise and governments worldwide, to deliver voice, data and video communication services to end-users. As a leader in fixed, mobile and converged broadband networking, IP technologies, applications and services, Alcatel-Lucent offers the end-to-end solutions that enable compelling communications services for people at home, at work and on the move. With operations in more than 130 countries, Alcatel-Lucent is a local partner with global reach. The company has the most experienced global services team in the industry, and one of the largest research, technology and innovation organizations in the telecommunications industry. Alcatel-Lucent achieved revenues of Euro 17.8 billion in 2007 and is incorporated in France, with executive offices located in Paris. For more information, visit Alcatel-Lucent on the Internet: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com
Alcatel-Lucent Press Contacts: Régine Coqueran, Tel: +33(0)1-40-76-49-24, firstname.lastname@example.org; Mark Burnworth, Tel: +33(0)1-40-76-50-84, email@example.com; Alcatel-Lucent Press Contact at TM Show in Nice: John Verdon, Tel :+44-7801-762-387, firstname.lastname@example.org; Alcatel-Lucent Investor Relations: Rémi Thomas Tel: +33(0)1-40-76-50-61, email@example.com; John DeBono Tel: +1-908-582-7793, firstname.lastname@example.org; Tony Lucido Tel: +33(0)1-40-76-49-80, email@example.com; Don Sweeney Tel: +1-908-582-6153, firstname.lastname@example.org