MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS, BARCELONA, Spain, February 11 /PRNewswire/ -- Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) will showcase its leadership in the delivery of wireless broadband services and the evolution to all-IP networks as the world's service providers gather for the Mobile World Congress 2008 from February 11th-14th in Barcelona.
As service providers embark on the road to 4G, and they will need to evolve and transform their end-user offerings, their networks, operational and business models to deliver high-value, blended, personalized multimedia applications that will transform how subscribers use and interact with networks. This transformation will involve a clear shift toward wireless broadband, mobile Internet and wireless social networking services. Recognizing the complexity of this transformation journey, Alcatel-Lucent will have transformation experts on hand to discuss transformation strategies, planning, end-to-end integration and implementation options, as well as share insights from early implementation engagements.
At Mobile World Congress, Alcatel-Lucent will show how it can help network operators transform their networks to "all IP" by leveraging Alcatel-Lucent's strengths in wireless broadband, IP/MPLS, optics, OSS/BSS and network integration services. Because emerging 4G applications will rely on broadband connections, operators will need to turn to vendors that can deliver an end-to-end quality of service, encompassing the access, core and transport areas of the network, enabling huge volumes of information and content to flow freely. Alcatel-Lucent's field proven wireless & wireline experience offers carriers the unique ability to achieve their broadband goals, both today and into the future. Our focus & skills in software integration and management also gives our customers a decided advantage in the race to the multimedia future.
Alcatel-Lucent also will highlight its leadership in standards-based service delivery solutions that enable the creation, introduction and delivery of innovative services for the end-user. This also includes creation of an environment that supports enterprise business applications. The company will highlight successful applications such as Mobile Entertainment and Converged Payment. Alcatel-Lucent's capabilities in supporting multi-vendor maintenance, radio access network (RAN) sharing and managed and hosted services will also be on display at the show.
Alcatel-Lucent will feature the full breadth of its end-to-end solutions in Hall 8, Stand A-147, with specific demonstrations clustered around the pillars of:
- Content and Applications Across Any Access
- Universal Broadband
- Advanced Business Models
- IP Transformation
Individual demonstrations will feature technologies that will enable operators to deliver on the promise of 3G today and lay the groundwork for the rapid evolution to 4G. Technologies featured will include: W-CDMA/HSPA; the Base Station Router (BSR) Femto (based on a flat-IP architecture); LTE (Long Term Evolution); WiMAX (including MIMO and OFDM); IMS; the Alcatel-Lucent Mobile Evolution Transport Architecture (META); multi-screen entertainment and more.
Alcatel-Lucent Conference Speakers
- Monday, February 11 - John Giere, CMO, will participate in this year's CMO Forum taking place in Hall 5, Level 3 from 10 AM - 6 PM.
- Monday, February 11 - Tanja de Groot, Strategy Director OSS, CTO speaks about the operational needs of the innovative Service Delivery Framework in TMForum's track, session 4 from 15:15 - 15:45.
- Tuesday, February 12 - Francis Schmitt, Vice-President W-CDMA Product Management is participating on a panel addressing HSPA evolution, from 11:30 AM to 12:50 PM.
- Tuesday, February 12 - June Bower, VP of Marketing for the company's consumer entertainment activity speaks on a panel "Exploring the Myths and Realities of the Youth demographic." The session is from 4:15 PM - 5:35 PM.
- Wednesday, February 13 - Thomas Goodwin, VP of the company's Optics activity is participating on a panel "Beating the Backhaul Challenge," taking place from 11:30 Am - 12:50 PM.
Alcatel-Lucent press and financial analyst conference
Patricia Russo, Alcatel-Lucent's CEO, will address a gathering of media and financial analysts about the company's view of the "Road to 4G." The event takes place on February 12, 2008 from 11:30 AM - 12:45 PM in Hall 2, Sala A. This event will be available via a webcast for those not able to attend the MWC 08. The link to access the conference is: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/MWC08.
Highlighted demonstrations at the show
Alcatel-Lucent's stand at the Mobile World Congress will feature a variety of ground-breaking demonstrations that will highlight the company's leadership in the commercialization of key next-generation wireless technologies, including:
- Live high-speed video connection over LTE (Long Term Evolution) between Alcatel-Lucent's booth and that of LG Electronics, supporting dozens of DVD-quality and high-definition video streams simultaneously;
- WiMAX video calls between Alcatel-Lucent's booth and live customer networks in locations around the world including Canada, Greece, Pakistan, Taiwan and the Dominican Republic, as well as partner networks at the show;
- In-building 3G W-CDMA/HSPA service demonstrations - in both Alcatel-Lucent and customer booths --using Alcatel-Lucent's Base Station Router (BSR) Femto, an innovative platform that combines the key elements of a 3G radio access network into a single device, easy to deploy at home; demonstration incorporates unique self-registration and auto-configuration capabilities;
- Seamless handoffs between GSM/EDGE and WiMAX network infrastructures;
- A large variety of new WiMAX wireless broadband terminal devices from Alcatel-Lucent's Open CPE Program partners;
- A "three screen" entertainment experience where content is being shared across multiple devices - TV, mobile, PC and other -- whether the user is at home (through their fixed broadband or Femto-based wireless access) or on the go - providing a simple, personal and predictable experience;
- An unlimited and interactive mobile TV experience -- in both Alcatel-Lucent and partner booths - to deliver interactive, personalized and context-specific live or on-demand TV content and end-to-end network integration services on commercial handsets connected over 3G and broadcast technology such as DVB-H and DVB-SH.
- A comprehensive Professional Services portfolio including network design, integration operation and maintenance, as well as managed networking, managed communications services
- A demonstration, using our application integration tools, that will show you how to monetize the mobile Internet.
- An end-to-end software demonstration showing you an OSS/BSS workflow for WiMAX that is logically integrated with a billing system.
- New, low-cost base stations that dramatically reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) and feature innovative energy solutions (solar power, bio-fuels) that enable the deployment of cell sites in areas not served by the electrical grid.
Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) provides solutions that enable service providers, enterprise and governments worldwide, to deliver voice, data and video communication services to end-users. As a leader in fixed, mobile and converged broadband networking, IP technologies, applications and services, Alcatel-Lucent offers the end-to-end solutions that enable compelling communications services for people at home, at work and on the move. With operations in more than 130 countries, Alcatel-Lucent is a local partner with global reach. The company has the most experienced global services team in the industry, and one of the largest research, technology and innovation organizations in the telecommunications industry. Alcatel-Lucent achieved revenues of Euro 17.8 billion in 2007 and is incorporated in France, with executive offices located in Paris. For more information, visit Alcatel-Lucent on the Internet: http://www.alcatel-lucent.com
Alcatel-Lucent Press Contacts: Régine Coqueran Tel: +33(0)140-76-49-24 email@example.com Mark Burnworth Tel: +33(0)140-76-50-84 firstname.lastname@example.org Alcatel-Lucent Investor Relations: Rémi Thomas Tel: + 33(0)140-76-50-61 email@example.com Maria Alcon Tel: + 33(0)140-76-15-17 firstname.lastname@example.org John DeBono Tel: +1-908-582-7793 email@example.com Tony Lucido Tel: + 33(0)1-40-76-49-80 firstname.lastname@example.org Don Sweeney Tel: +1-908-582-6615 email@example.com
Alcatel-Lucent Press Contacts: Régine Coqueran, Tel: +33(0)140-76-49-24, firstname.lastname@example.org; Mark Burnworth, Tel: +33(0)140-76-50-84, email@example.com; Alcatel-Lucent Investor Relations: Rémi Thomas, Tel: + 33(0)140-76-50-61, firstname.lastname@example.org; Maria Alcon, Tel: + 33(0)140-76-15-17, email@example.com; John DeBono, Tel: +1-908-582-7793, firstname.lastname@example.org; Tony Lucido, Tel: + 33(0)1-40-76-49-80, email@example.com; Don Sweeney, Tel: +1-908-582-6615, firstname.lastname@example.org