DALLAS, June 16, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- The Medical Devices practice at MarketsandMarkets is pleased to announce a new report titled World Dental Implants Market (2010 -2015).
Browse in-depth TOC on World Dental Implants Market (2010 -2015). Early buyers will receive 10% customization of reports http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/Dental-Implants-Market-2... ml
(Due to the length of this URL, it may be necessary to copy and paste this hyperlink into your Internet browser's URL address field. Remove the space if one exists.)
Key take Aways
- Define and measure the global dental implants market - Analyze the market structure by identifying various sub-segments of global dental implants market - Forecast the market revenue of dental implants market with respect to different geographies i.e. US, Europe, Asia and Rest of the World (RoW) - Identify major market trends and factors driving or inhibiting growth of the global dental implants market - Strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trends and contribution to the overall dental implants market - Analyze opportunities in the market for the stakeholders by identifying high-growth segments of the global dental implants market - Track and analyze competitive developments such as alliances, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, new product developments and research and development in the global dental implants industry
The global dental implants market will witness steady growth due to increased awareness for aesthetic dentistry, rising incidences of oral disorders and loss of teeth amongst the aging population around the globe. Introduction of new methods such as 'teeth-in-a-day' and use of CAD CAM dentistry will be an impetus to the growth of this market. However, higher cost of dental implants and lack of awareness in the developing markets will restrain the market to an extent. The global dental implants market is expected to grow from $2.9 billion in 2009 to $4 billion in 2014 at a CAGR of 6.04%.
The report discusses segmentation of the global dental implants market as per:
- Dental implants market by procedures - Dental implants market by materials - Dental implants market by placement
The report analyses market drivers, restraints and opportunities for each of the sub markets.
The report categorizes global dental implants market by procedures, placement and materials. Along with market tables for submarkets, the report analyses trends and opportunities in U.S., Europe, APAC and RoW (Russia, CIS, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Mexico and Africa). The report provides market tables for submarkets in the U.S., Europe, Asia Pacific, and ROW.
Market Definition and segmentation
The dental implants market is categorized by placement, materials and procedure.
By placement: Placement of dental implants depends on the condition of the jaw bone.
- Endosseous Implants: Implants that are surgically placed directly into the bone to replace the root of the tooth. These implants can be either root form or plate form. - Sub-periostal Implants: Metal framework placed on the bone below the gum tissue with connectors exposed above the gums ready for restoration. These implants are used when the jaw bone is not in a condition to support an endosseous implant i.e. not enough height or width. - Transosteal Implants: These implants are placed only in the mandible (lower jaw), which involves surgical placement of the two metal rods below the chin, through the jawbone until exposed in the mouth for restoration.
By Material: The materials used for implants depend on the capability to osseointegration (ability to bind with the human bone).
- Titanium/Titanium Alloys: A strong, light weight, silver-grayish colored metal with proven abilities to osseointegration. Titanium and its alloys are the mostly widely used materials for implants. - Zirconia: Zirconium oxide or zirconia is a white powdered metal which has been widely used as crowns and bridges due to their aesthetic properties. Recently it has also been used as an alternative to titanium implants.
By Procedure: The procedure of the dental implants depends on the condition of the bone (the height and width). The implants mentioned below are endosseous type of implants.
- Root form dental implants: Root form implants are screw shaped implants which resemble the root of a tooth. These implants are surgically placed in the jawbone to replace one or multiple teeth in the maxilla (upper jaw) or mandible (lower jaw). - Plate from dental implants: An endosseous type of implant, the name of which is derived from the blade like structure that is embedded into the jaw bone. This kind of implant is used in the areas where the jaw bone is too thin to support the root form implants. The use of blade from implants is very rare compared to the root form implants. - Ramus frame implants are special plate form implants placed in the mandible used in cases with severe bone deterioration. The process involves a surgical placement of a thin metallic frame that of the shape of the mandible, into the jaw bone in three different areas; the left and right back area near the wisdom teeth and the front side near the chin.
- Dental implant manufacturers and vendors - Dental clinics and laboratories - Dental associations - Various research and consulting firms - Research associations related to dental implants
- Market information was obtained through secondary research on company websites and news articles - Market size of the segments was calculated using the bottom-up approach - Market revenues of key players were determined by primary and secondary research, which includes study of the annual reports of the company and interviews with key opinion leaders, CEOs, directors and managers in the industry.
MarketsandMarkets (MM) is a global market research and consulting company based in the U.S. We publish strategically analyzed market research reports and serve as a business intelligence partner to Fortune 500 companies across the world. MarketsandMarkets also provides multi-client reports, company profiles, databases, and custom research services.
MM covers thirteen industry verticals, including advanced materials, automotive and transportation, banking and financial services, biotechnology, chemicals, consumer goods energy and power, food and beverages, industrial automation, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, semiconductor and electronics, and telecommunications and IT.
We at MarketsandMarkets are inspired to help our clients grow by providing apt business insight with our huge market intelligence repository. To know more about us and our reports, please visit our website http://www.marketsandmarkets.com
CONTACT: Contact: Ms. Sunita, 7557 Rambler road, Suite 727, Dallas, TX75231, Tel: +1-888-989-8004, Email: email@example.com