SINGAPORE, May 5 /PRNewswire/ --
Accidental exposure to carbon monoxide is the number one cause of gas poisoning deaths in cars around the world. Continued exposure to low but excessive levels of this gas, though not necessarily lethal, is also capable of producing many varied residual health effects such as headache, nausea or even risk of miscarriage in pregnant women.
With COPROTECTOR(TM) - the world's 1st electrochemical carbon monoxide detector designed for use in cars - it is now possible to guard against the risk of carbon monoxide death or poisoning associated with motor-vehicles.
COPROTECTOR(TM) is an innovation of Techpro Electronics Pte Ltd, a Singapore company that has dedicated itself to electronic safety detection devices that protect lives and properties.
Carbon monoxide, which is a potentially deadly gas with no taste, colour or odour, can enter the car through ventilation holes in the floorboard, air condition vents, boot, as well as other areas such as the handbrake and gear lever consoles. COPROTECTOR(TM) will trigger an 80-decibel alarm and a red flashing light whenever the carbon monoxide Ievel in the car exceeds the concentration level of 100 parts per million (PPM). Typically, it will take about thirty minutes of continued exposure to carbon monoxide at a concentration level of 3200 PPM to kill a healthy adult. COPROTECTOR(TM) can help alert vehicle owners to potential problems in their car, such as an exhaust leak, air-conditioner fault or engine problem.
Engineered and assembled in Singapore, all COPROTECTOR(TM) car carbon monoxide detectors are individually tested with real carbon monoxide gas in an ISO 9002 certified factory and batch-tested by TUV SUD before they are sold in stores.
According to one study, of the 11,547 unintentional carbon monoxide deaths in the United States between 1979 to 1988, nearly 60% were caused by motor-vehicle exhaust. Unintentional carbon monoxide exposure also accounts for 15,000 emergency department visits in the United States each year. Many more suffer health consequences as a result of carbon monoxide exposure. Medical experts agree that it is difficult to estimate the total number of carbon monoxide incidents because the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning resemble so many other common ailments.
The phenomenon is known as chronic carbon monoxide poisoning.
COPROTECTOR(TM) is easy and simple to use - it plugs straight into the cigarette lighter socket in the car. No further configuration is required.
Mr. Desmond Yee, Sales & Marketing Director of Techpro Electronics said: "COPROTECTOR(TM) is a must-have for those who spend a lot of time in their cars. It is also strongly recommended for those who own an older vehicle or have modified parts of their cars such as the engine or exhaust."
COPROTECTOR(TM) will be available in Singapore from May onwards. It will be distributed and marketed worldwide at a later date. You can log on to www.coprotector.com.sg for more information on the product.
For clarification and further enquiries, please contact: Name: Desmond Yee Email: email@example.com Tel: +65-68733115
Web site: http://www.coprotector.com.sg
Desmond Yee of TECHPRO ELECTRONICS PTE LTD, +65-68733115, firstname.lastname@example.org