What do you think was the high point of E.O. Wilson's 80th birthday celebration? "Happy Birthday" sung by 200 people in the lobby and the Abyssinian Baptist Church Choir? A politically incorrect tribute from Nobel laureate James Watson (more on that later)? Yo-Yo Ma playing the cello or a new Philip Glass composition? No, though that was all terrific.
The high point of his evening was finally getting to meet Bloggy, the science bear. Happy birthday, professor! Thanks for making myrmecology cool again. Now, all of you go read "Consilience" one more time in his honor.
- World Science Festival And James Watson: "Biology Doesn't Need String Theory"
- “Literary” $10,000 science writing award to be backed by Edward O. Wilson
- Semengate- Is Modern Science Sexist Or Hyper Politically Correct?
- Who Would You Pick To Play Marie Curie?
- Don't Be Hatin' On Edward O. Wilson, Richard