Science & Society
- Gay People Far More Likely To Use Tanning Salons- And It's Leading To 2X More Skin Cancer
If you want to find the gay neighborhood in a new town, look for the tanning salons, according to a new analysis. Neighborhoods with high proportions of gay and bisexual men are twice as likely to have an indoor tanning salon than other neighborhoods. Some ...
Article - News Staff - Oct 5 2019 - 9:31am
- Thirty Meter Telescope And Mauna Kea: One Map Proves 120 Years of Astronomy At Summit.
O ne map blows away the land use and desecration claim of the anti TMT protestors, the self-styled Ku Kiai Mauna (KKM), or “protectors”. ...
Blog Post - Hontas Farmer - Oct 5 2019 - 2:03pm
- Whole Foods Is Lying To Its Customers- Here Is The Proof
Whole Foods lies to its customers. I have no problem stating that plainly, the evidence is right on their website and if their lawyers object to that, their fraudulent house of cards will come crashing down around them. It's well-known in the science ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Oct 7 2019 - 9:50am
- Non-GMO Project Is What Made Fraudulent Food Claims The Norm
Once upon a time a food company spent years in court defending itself against a government lawsuit about a marketing claim on their package that looked misleading. The U.S. Federal Trade Commission told Kraft they could not advertise that their cheese &qu ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Oct 7 2019 - 9:15pm
- With Regards to Neil deGrasse Tyson
R eporters have a duty to report what they find out after they verify that it has a certain degree of credibility. To shine a light on the dark corners. That is what the media did about the allegations against Dr Tyson. I was a part of that process. G ...
Blog Post - Hontas Farmer - Oct 8 2019 - 11:29am
- Elysium and Science Fiction Films that Hate Science and Technology
I haven't seen Elysium yet, but Ryan Britt's article "Our Science Fiction Movies Hate Science Fiction" is interesting nonetheless: Ripping off the heads of robots like a sweaty space-age cyberpunk Robin Hood, Matt Damon is delivering fu ...
Blog Post - Samuel Kenyon - Oct 8 2019 - 4:50pm
- Marion Nestle, Harvard School Of Public Health, And Other Correlation Fetishists Are Upset About Red Meat Not Causing Cancer
When papers came out stating that cutting back on red meat didn't make any difference in your real risk of getting cancer, because a normal diet did not cause any more cancer, it came under fire by critics who had spent an alarming chunk of their care ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Oct 15 2019 - 11:37pm
- The 1930s- When Horror Movies Were Really Creepy
Young people always think the previous generations were more conservative, repressed, etc. Two years ago one young dummy in journalism even referred to 'the more conservative 1970s', which is meaningless to anyone with any knowledge of cultural ...
Blog Post - Hank Campbell - Oct 17 2019 - 11:25am
- Maunakea Protests Have Grown Into Broad Anti-Science With Threats Of Terrorism
K u Kiai Mauna protestors have branched out from being concerned with the fictitious pollution of a nonexistent aquifer at the top of Mauna Kea on the big Island of Hawaii. Some who wear their brand have been making terroristic threats up to and including ...
Blog Post - Hontas Farmer - Oct 23 2019 - 11:48am
- 'Truthers' Are The Norm, Which Is Why You Should Stop Reading Scientific American Right Now
Joel Moskowitz, Ph.D., of Berkeley is the kind of anti-science "truther" that even most west coast activists steer clear of, because he makes all of the social sciences look bad by association. Worse, he is a "social" psychologist, whic ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Oct 23 2019 - 1:02pm