Science & Society
- CDC: Autism Jumped 30 Percent Since 2012- What It Really Means
America has seen a 30 percent rise in autism since the last estimate in 2012, according to the Centers for Disease Control. That's a big jump, an epidemic even. Mainstream media is going to have a field day and everyone will be looking for ways to dem ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Nov 4 2019 - 11:38am
- Pre-Registration, Data Sharing, And Registered Reports Are How The Science Community Can Reduce Shoddy Research
Last month, Indonesia’s previous Minister of Research and Technology boasted that in 2019, Indonesia had overtaken Malaysia and Singapore in the number of published academic articles. ...
Article - The Conversation - Nov 7 2019 - 4:00am
- Government Is The Sugar Daddy Of Science, Not The Epsteins Of The World
Writers are going to find a way to make their work topical. The most important article I ever wrote (in my estimation), in the Wall Street Journal, came out about five weeks after I wrote it, and with a different lede. The news cycle had kept pushing it ba ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Nov 7 2019 - 11:50am
- Grouping Staff And Company Floor Plans: Elite Co-Workers Up Everyone's Game, But Toxic Ones Kill Productivity
Scholars analyzing the performance at a large technology firm examined the productivity in a 25-foot radius around their best performers and found that these workers did inspire better performance in coworkers- by 15 percent. Poor workers impacted their ne ...
Article - News Staff - Nov 11 2019 - 10:15am
- Crime Lab Report- New Book Calls For Expert Witnesses To Work Directly For Judges
Forensic science does not prove guilt or innocence. It never has and it never will. The next time you hear about DNA evidence, for example, proving the guilt or innocence of a suspect in a violent crime, rest assured that you are being misinformed. In cour ...
Article - John M. Collins - Nov 18 2019 - 6:39pm