- KIC 8462852: The Significance, Statistical and Otherwise, of the 24.2-Day Semi-Periodicity
The 24.2-day semi-periodicity of KIC 8462852 was first noted in Boyajian et al. (2015) and subsequently generated some interest. ETI enthusiasts apparently interpret it as evidence of artificial planning (e.g. intervals between megastructures that follow a ...
Blog Post - Jose Solorzano - Oct 22 2017 - 7:11pm
- Mapping The Wobbles Broke Another Dark Matter Hypothesis
It may not seem to make sense but most of the universe- mass- can really only account for about 6 percent of what is going on. The rest of it can be under just about any umbrella at this point. Some call it the God of the Gaps, scientists call the unknown ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Oct 28 2017 - 8:29am
- Darwin's Aliens: Extraterrestrials Could Be More Like Us Than We Think
When we search the cosmos for evidence we are not the first advanced life form, we look for things that we could share in common. This anthropomorphism is common in culture, in everything from science studies to science-fiction. And it may not be wrong. A ...
Article - News Staff - Nov 1 2017 - 9:01am
- Stephen Hawking- Predicts Earth To Glow Red Hot By 2600 Due To Population Growth- Could It?
Stephen Hawking tends to exaggerate, using hyperbole- exaggerations for emotional effect. In this talk he takes our exponential population growth and extrapolates it forwards to 2600 and predicts that human beings will cover the globe shoulder to shoulder ...
Article - Robert Walker - Mar 5 2019 - 11:24pm
- Can Apophis Hit Earth In 2036? NO- ‘News’ In Tabloid Fish-Wrapper Is Google Nº 1
I have had lots of questions about this today because of a poorly researched Daily Star sensationalist article based on a many years out of date NASA press release. As usual with Google News this nonsense has gone right to the top of its search results. T ...
Article - Robert Walker - Dec 10 2018 - 4:36am
- List Of Total Solar Eclipses Through 2075
In the United States, we just had another Supermoon, and at the end of this month we will have a Blue Moon (the second full moon in a month) with a lunar eclipse, which is pretty special. Though doomsday prophets like to make a lot out of those natural phe ...
Article - News Staff - Jan 3 2018 - 11:40am
- Accelerating Dark Matter Searches With Machine Learning
I am currently spending the week in Leiden (Netherlands), attending to a very interesting workshop that brought together computer scientists, astronomers, astrophysicists, and particle physicists to discuss how to apply the most cutting-edge tools in machi ...
Article - Tommaso Dorigo - Jan 18 2018 - 1:14pm
- This 'Super Blue Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse On Jan 31 Is Just Light From Sunsets And Sunrises Shining On Distant Rock Of The Moon
I’m continuing to get scared PM's and posts to our Doomsday Debunked Facebook group about the lunar eclipse on 31st January. There is nothing at all to worry about. You’ve had lunar eclipses like this many times in your life and never noticed. Now it ...
Article - Robert Walker - Jan 30 2018 - 7:32pm
- Elon Musk's Cherry Red Tesla Roadster Could Be Interstellar Traveller A Billion Years From Now- If It Doesn't Hit Sun Or Planet
Untitled Document So Elon Musk's Tesla roadster is now in an orbit that takes it right out to the asteroid belt not far from Ceres. And what a thrilling launch it was with the two boosters landing so perfectly choreographed. It was nearly flawless. O ...
Article - Robert Walker - Dec 17 2018 - 11:02pm
- For Valentine's Day, Capture The Heart Of The Rosette Nebula
The Rosette Nebula is located in the Milky Way Galaxy roughly 5,000 light-years from us and is known for its rose-like shape and distinctive hole at the center. The nebula is an interstellar cloud of dust, hydrogen, helium and other ionized gases with seve ...
Article - News Staff - Feb 13 2018 - 7:43pm