- GJ 357 D: Nearby Potentially Habitable Super Earth Is Just 31 Light Years Away
The first potentially habitable world outside of our own solar system is only about 31 light-years away and a new paper models the conditions under which the planet GJ 357 d, discovered a few months ago, could sustain life. With a thick atmosphere, the pla ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 31 2019 - 4:44pm
- Could Light And Noise From Earth Attract Alien Attention?
Since the first use of electric lamps in the 19th century, society hasn’t looked back. Homes and streets are lit at all hours so that people can go about their business when they’d once have been asleep. Besides the obvious benefits to societies and the e ...
Article - The Conversation - Aug 1 2019 - 5:01am
- GJ 357d, Answer Super Earth or Sub Neptune? Then Report About Life Chances.
A t best we can speculate about GJ 357d. The case of GJ 357d we have a scientific paper which is about a planet that is in the habitable zone of its star, is at least six point one times the mass of the Earth, based on what we see, and we do not even know ...
Blog Post - Hontas Farmer - Aug 1 2019 - 2:09pm
- Mauna Kea Is Not DAPL. Build The Darn Telescope! TMT Will Connect The Mountain To The Heavens.
A s a person of native American descent and quite a bit of native culture I know a thing or two about that world view. Granted my family is well assimilated and mixed in as many who are descendants of some of the first Native Americans to make contact wi ...
Blog Post - Hontas Farmer - Aug 11 2019 - 10:21am
- The Terrascope- Using Earth As A Lens
Ever since telescopes were first invented, by some dutch lens grinder in the late XVIth century, and then demonstrated to be invaluable tools for investigating the cosmos around us by Galileo Galilei in the early 1600s, there has been a considerable, stead ...
Article - Tommaso Dorigo - Aug 15 2019 - 6:29am
- Jupiter's Gravitational Mystery May Have Been Caused By Collision With Another Planet
The Juno mission, designed to help scientists better understand Jupiter's origin and evolution, was launched in 2011 to map its gravitational and magnetic fields and probe the planet's deep, internal structure. It's found some mysterious gra ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 14 2019 - 12:24pm
- 1990 MU & 1998 OR2 Are NOT Planet Killers, Can't Even Hit- Asteroid Warning Absurdities In Daily Express / Business Insider
Another two harmless asteroids being shared in the sensationalist press. I am getting PM's from some really scared people about these. These two asteroids not only are harmless, they never were even considered for the Sentry table. And no they are no ...
Article - Robert Walker - Aug 17 2019 - 9:47pm
- Nukes Can NEVER Terraform Mars- A Million 100 Megaton Nukes Can't Do It- Elon Musk's Sci. Fi Teeshirts
Elon Musk has just tweeted about his "Nuke Mars to terraform it" idea. He talked about that some years back, in 2015 when many people responded with articles saying it is impossible. Now he is tweeting again. This is surely just a joke. He can ...
Article - Robert Walker - Aug 20 2019 - 12:42am
- PSR B0540-69: Why The Pulsar Wind Nebula Is Brightening
The pulsar wind nebula surrounding pulsar B0540-69 has brightened gradually and astrophysicists say that is because the pulsar experienced a sudden spin-down rate transition. But why? The answer may lie in the mysterious magnetic field structure of the pu ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 26 2019 - 1:30pm
- The Most Volcanically Active Body In Our Solar System Is Not Earth, It's Jupiter's Moon Io. But Elsewhere...
Jupiter's moon Io is the most volcanically active body in our solar system but 550 light years away in the inconspicuous constellation of Lepus, underneath the bright Orion constellation, an exo-Io could be hidden at the exoplanet system WASP-49b. Th ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 29 2019 - 5:32pm