In the blogs of hers that I have read (note to New York Times --- your system of allowing access to the blog archive really sucks) I recall there being many references to microbes, even when the focus was not on microbes per se. And this week the whole darn blog is about them small little organisms. In this weeks blog, she writes about microbes living in the deep biosphere (some of my favorites) (see Meet the Intraterrestrials).
So - check out her blog. And encourage her to keep writing about microbes. We know they are cool but she can help convince all those others who are not yet microbe fans of this fact too.
- The Cat And Mouse Nature Of The Parasite Behind Toxoplasmosis
- Irish Researchers Fighting Fungal Infections With Bacteria
- Paper Hopes To Link Diet, Gut Microbiome And Colorectal Cancer
- Sulfolobus Islandicus Microbes Frozen In Fear By Presence Of SSV9
- Gulf Oil Spill: Microbiology Approach Worked But Toxic Contaminants Remain