- Estrogen Therapy May Limit Strokes In Women- But The Timing Has To Be Right
Since the Women's Health Initiative study found that long-term therapy with estrogen or estrogen plus progestin may increase the risk of heart attack and stroke, many women have found it difficult to decide whether to take hormone therapy at menopause ...
Article - News Staff - Jun 15 2008 - 11:01pm
- CD36 Gene Variants Linked To Metabolic Syndrome
Nutrition researchers at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis have identified five common genetic variations that increase the risk of metabolic syndrome, a group of factors linked to heart disease and diabetes. Another variant they found ...
Article - News Staff - Jun 17 2008 - 5:28pm
- Stem Cells To Nerve Cells To New Brain Treatments
Scientists at the Burnham Institute for Medical Research have, for the first time, genetically programmed embryonic stem (ES) cells to become nerve cells when transplanted into the brain, according to a study published today in The Journal of Neuroscience. ...
Article - News Staff - Jun 24 2008 - 6:20pm
- Eastern European Supplement Leader Walmark Launches Prenatal Product Featuring Martek's Life'sDHA(TM)
COLUMBIA, Maryland, June 26 /PRNewswire/-- Martek Biosciences (Nasdaq: MATK) announced today that life'sDHA(TM), its patented, vegetarian form of DHA-omega 3 essential for infant brain and eye development, is now available to Eastern European consume ...
Article - Anna Ohlden - Jun 26 2008 - 2:32am
- Senetek PLC Resolves Dispute With Marketer Of Pyratine-6(TM) On Most Favorable Terms
NAPA, California, June 30 /PRNewswire/-- ...
Article - Anna Ohlden - Jun 30 2008 - 9:30am
- MEF2C Protein In Stem Cells Linked To Autism
In a new study published today, scientists at the Burnham Institute for Medical Research have shown that neural stem cell development may be linked to Autism. The study demonstrated that mice lacking the myocyte enhancer factor 2C (MEF2C) protein in neural ...
Article - News Staff - Jun 30 2008 - 6:48pm
- Senetek Announces Plan For Promotion, Sales And Distribution Of Pyratine-6(TM)
NAPA, California, July 1 /PRNewswire/-- Senetek PLC (OTC Bulletin Board: SNKTY), a Life Sciences company engaged in the development of technologies that target the science of healthy aging, today announced that effective with the termination of its market ...
Article - Anna Ohlden - Jul 1 2008 - 8:33am
- Have Some Sex- Erectile Disfunction Lower In Men Who Have More Intercourse
Do men who have more sex get less erectile disfunction(ED) or are studies skewed because men with erectile disfunction report having less sex? It's hard to say but the message is clear; have more sex. Having intercourse more often may also help preven ...
Article - News Staff - Sep 26 2013 - 4:39pm
- Hope In The Battle Against Alzheimer’s Disease
Almost fifty percent of people over the age of 85 have Alzheimer’s disease, an illness that is not considered part of the normal aging process by the U.S. National Institute on Aging. Statistics on the NIA website also reveal that there is no cure for the ...
Article - Audrey Amara - Jul 2 2008 - 5:59pm
- Senetek Announces Termination Of Invicorp(R) License Agreement With Ardana Bioscience Limited
NAPA, California, July 3 /PRNewswire/-- Senetek PLC (OTC Bulletin Board: SNKTY), a Life Sciences company engaged in the development of technologies that target the science of healthy aging, today announced termination of the Invicorp(R) License Agreement ...
Article - Anna Ohlden - Jul 3 2008 - 8:33am