- How Many Cups Of Coffee Do You Need This Morning In Order To Be Functional?
I'm off the wagon. And when I fall, I fall hard. It's not just the regular this time—I'm into the hard stuff, like cappuccino and those Starbucks drinks with nifty, pseudo-European names (ah, my soul for one sip of sweet, sweet Moccachino.. ...
Article - Garth Sundem - Jun 16 2008 - 3:28am
- UN Committee Declares Its "Champions Of The Earth"
They sure did. Seven leaders who contributed mightily in 2006 are being hailed by the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) as 2007 Defenders of the Planet or the Jusice League or whatever we are supposed to call them. No, no, this is a different group. News of ...
Article - Cash Simpson - Mar 5 2008 - 8:03pm
- Scientists Discover An Underwater UPS Truck From 2300 Years Ago And Other Shipping News
The best stuff happens with Greeks. An undersea robot has discovered a Greek ship from 350 BC containing ceramic jars of olive oil, wine and whatever else Greek ships carried back then. ...
Article - Cash Simpson - Feb 11 2007 - 12:49pm
- Phi- How The Golden Ratio Determines Who Is A Supermodel
"What is a supermodel?" People sometimes ask me. It has a few definitions and sometimes people argue over them, much the way Heidi Klum and Elle MacPherson fight over who is called "The Body." * But if you're reading this column, y ...
Article - Cash Simpson - Aug 5 2012 - 8:30pm
- The Top 10 Mysteries Of Science Part I
10. Benjamin Underwood can't see for squat but he gets around by making clicking noises and using echolocation to visualize the obstacles his radar sends back. Unless he was hit by a truck full of radioactive material and now wears red tights and car ...
Article - Cash Simpson - Jun 30 2009 - 10:23am
- The Top 10 Mysteries Of Science Part II
6. Some people can't accept that humans are smarter than animals. This panda accidentally crushed one of the twins she birthed. Which isn't all that smart, since she didn't even implicate the butler. Want to impress me, zookeepers? Teach pa ...
Article - Cash Simpson - Feb 11 2007 - 1:21pm
- The Top 10 Mysteries Of Science Part III
3. This study says men are smarter than women. This study says tall people are smarter than short people. This article says a woman is mentally playing tennis, even in a coma. So I should be able to build a space shuttle in an hour if you give me the sche ...
Article - Cash Simpson - Feb 12 2007 - 2:42pm
- Newsvine Announces New Barack Obama Section On Front Page, Replaces Science
SEATTLE-- (BUSINESS WIRE)-- Feb. 13, 2007-- Newsvine, the popular Social News website, announced today that they would be adding a Front Page section dedicated solely to Presidential hopeful Barack Obama. Calvin Tang, Newsvine co-founder: "Over the p ...
Article - Cash Simpson - Feb 13 2007 - 5:44pm
- Top Ten Scientific Reasons Why Chocolate Is The World’s Most Perfect Food
10. Chocolate contains tryptophan, a chemical in the brain that is used to produce the neurotransmitter, serotonin. High levels of serotonin stimulate the secretion of endorphins, and produce feelings of elation. Serotonin is found in the antidepressant ...
Article - Kimberly Crandell - Mar 31 2007 - 11:45am
- Don't Read This
They used to say the streets were evil. Then they thought the internet was evil. But the streets were never evil to begin with. ...
Article - Anonymous - Mar 12 2007 - 7:53pm