Students ages 13 to 18 from countries across the globe are invited to create original videos (up to three minutes in length) that illustrate a concept or theory in the life sciences, physics or mathematics. The submissions will be judged on the students’ ability to communicate complex scientific ideas in the most engaging, illuminating and imaginative ways.
One winner will be recognized and awarded a $250,000 college scholarship. The science teacher who inspired the winning student will win $50,000. The winner’s school will also receive a state-of-the art science lab, designed by Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory and valued at $100,000.
The new Breakthrough Junior Challenge competition calendar can be found at https://breakthroughjuniorchallenge.org/timeline. A launch video with details on the Challenge can be found at https://youtu.be/25l5jYLHPk0. All students must register at https://breakthroughjuniorchallenge.org and submit complete entries by July 1, 2018.
- Breakthrough Prize Nominations For Physics, Biology And Math Now Open
- $3 MM Breakthrough Prize in Fundamental Physics, Life Sciences and Mathematics- Nominations For 2018 Now Open
- Antarctic Birds Recognize Individual Humans
- California State Science Fair April 30-May 1
- Elite Athletes Often Succeed When They Are Younger Or Older- But Not Both