Thank you, Martti Ahtisaari, for being you. Congratulations!
I recall that Deepak Chopra designated seven practices for peace in his book "Peace is the Way".(1)
Friday (Creating for Peace)
Saturday (Sharing for Peace)
Sunday (Being for Peace)
Monday (Thinking for Peace)
Tuesday (Feeling for Peace)
Wednesday (Speaking for Peace)
Thursday (Acting for Peace)
Nobel Committee made the announcement today, Friday, 10 October, 2008. The Prize will be presented to Ahtisaari on Alfred Nobel's birthday, Wednesday, 10 December 2008.(2)
I agree with the Nobel committee chairman Ole Danbolt Mjoes who said, Ahtisaari has shown his 'sisu'.* A reminder, people: Show your sisu for peace.
(*) Finnish word for 'guts' or stubborn determination.(3)
(1) Deepak Chopra, Peace is the Way, Three Rivers Press, New York, 2005.
- Remembrance Day (repost)
- Giving Peace A Chance: Seven Africans Begin Rotary World Peace Fellowships
- Nobelprize.org Provides Live HD Quality Webcasts Of 2009 Nobel Prize Award Ceremonies And Nobel Lectures
- Nobel In Physics: A Prize For Outstanding Discoveries Or Socio-Political Recognition?
- Vladimir Putin Thinks The World Of Sepp Blatter