LONDON, May 6 /PRNewswire/ --
- Orange Selects HTC Touch Diamond as the First Platform for its Flagship Orange Multimedia Experience
- Orange Works With HTC From Device Concept Stage to Deliver Comprehensive Improvements to the End-User Experience and Exclusive Orange Multimedia Services
LONDON, May 6 /PRNewswire/ --
Orange today announced the availability of the HTC Touch Diamond in its Signature devices range. Orange has selected the Diamond as the first platform for its latest multimedia services, using the phone's rich 3D-graphics engine and powerful mobile internet capabilities to deliver enhanced applications and services, including Orange Photo, Orange Music, Orange TV and Orange Downloads.
The HTC Touch Diamond was developed as part of Orange's Signature programme. Orange's approach is to work closely with device manufacturers to customise their phones with a simpler, more intuitive user-experience. Whether customers want to download the latest track or watch TV, Orange integrates the relevant applications into the entire device experience. For the Diamond, Orange has developed enhanced versions of its Signature applications, and has worked closely with HTC to integrate them more deeply into the phone's operating system. This means the applications work even better together - and with the phone - for a more intuitive customer experience, for example:
- Orange Photo lets users to share photos with online communities via an instant upload facility. Users can automatically upload photos from their device album to an online album of their choice
- Orange Music lets customers manage their music easily in a single place. The Orange Music store provides access to more than one million tracks for over-the-air download and customers can manage their complete music library via their mobile or PC
- Orange Downloads delivers all new content, such as 3D games, ringtones and wallpapers, directly to the handset, making it easily viewable before purchase and providing an instant link to the download
- Orange TV includes instant access to the biggest selection of live mobile TV channels (up to 61) and over 3,000 videos. For an improved experience viewing Orange is planning to introduce HDTV services starting from this year
Olaf Swantee, EVP of Orange's global mobile operations, says, "Our long-standing relationship with HTC meant they shared their phone concept and worked with us from the earliest stage. This early collaboration is important to us because at Orange, we know that the right multimedia experience is about more than just the phone. Our approach is to select and test the best phones and integrate our applications, combining them with access to the Orange World portal, the best tariffs, integrated billing, a user-friendly interface and excellent customer support."
Olaf adds, "With the Diamond from Orange we have created a unique phone which has taken advantage of Orange's latest service innovation to build upon the consistently rich experience customers expect from Orange."
Peter Chou, president and CEO, HTC Corp says, "Today we mark a new era in mobile phone evolution, an era where beauty and size integrate with uncompromising innovation at broadband speed. The HTC Touch Diamond will make browsing the Web and using Web-enabled applications just as practical and easy to use as making calls."
Orange Signature phones have been available since 2002, when Orange and HTC launched the first SPV Smartphone. The improved customer experience that Signature phones provide is proven by increased usage, loyalty and ARPU amongst Orange Signature customers. Today, more than 70% of Orange's handset purchase volumes are part of the Signature range.
Olaf concludes, "The combination of Orange's innovative services with HTC's new handset will enable Orange customers across Europe to enjoy the latest and greatest Orange multimedia experience. The HTC Touch Diamond is the most complete addition to our Signature range of phones to date."
Available in the UK from July, the HTC Diamond from Orange will be rolled out across France, Spain, Poland, Romania, Switzerland and Belgium in 2008.
Orange is the key brand of France Telecom, one of the world's leading telecommunications operators. France Telecom serves more than 170 million customers in five continents as of December 31, 2007, of which two thirds are Orange customers. The Group had consolidated sales of 52.9 billion euros in 2007. As of December 31, 2007, the Group had 109.6 million mobile customers and 11.6 million broadband internet (ADSL) customers.
Launched in June 2005, the NExT program (New Experience in Telecommunications) will enable the Group to pursue its transformation as an integrated operator and make France Telecom the benchmark for new telecommunications services in Europe. In 2006, Orange became the Group's single brand for Internet, television and mobile services in the majority of countries where the company operates, and Orange Business Services the banner for services offered to businesses worldwide. France Telecom is the number three mobile operator and the number one provider of broadband internet services in Europe and one of the world leaders in providing telecommunication services to multinational companies.
France Telecom (NYSE:FTE) is listed on Euronext Paris and on the New York Stock Exchange.
PR Contact: Carolyn Owen, Orange +44-7891-641-008; Georgina Hart, Orange +44-7730-989-693.