LONDON, March 31, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Telnic Limited (http://telnic.tel), the Registry Operator for the .tel top level domain (TLD), today announced that the launch date for the upcoming release of short (two-character) and numeric-only .tel names would be 1st June 2011.
The launch will consist of two phases:
- Landrush - A two-week period commencing from Wednesday 1st June 2011 at 3 p.m. BST, which will enable any individual or business to secure a short or numeric-only .tel name at a premium registration price.
- General Availability - From 3 p.m. BST on Tuesday 14th June 2011, at regular registration pricing.
The following strings will not be available for registration in this round:
- all one-letter (from a.tel through to z.tel) domains
- all two-character country code top level domains (ccTLDs, such as uk.tel for example)
- all single-digit (from 0.tel through to 9.tel) domains
- all combinations of digits and/or digit and hyphen strings that contain eight or more characters (for example, 12345678.tel or 123-5678.tel)
All registrations will be on a first-come, first served basis. As with existing .tel domain name registrations, commercial pricing will be set by ICANN-accredited Registrars and their resellers. General Availability pricing is anticipated to be similar to existing .tel registration costs. Registrations can be from one to ten years. A list of ICANN-accredited Registrars can be found at http://telnic.org/get-started-buy.html.
Further information regarding short and numeric-only .tel names can be found at http://telnic.org/short-numeric-only.html.
Note to Editors: