Check these out:
Number of hairs in human eyebrows: 600
Respiratory cost for slow growing gradd: 2.4 mmole ATP/g dry weight * day
ATP requirement for the creation of an E. coli cell: 12-20 billion ATP molecules.
Average diameter of a protein in E. coli: 5 nm
Fraction of total body energy that is used to drive sodium/potassium pumps in the human brain: 10%
Serotonin content in pineapple: 17ug/g
Total nasal epithelial cell surface area in a mouse: 300 mm^2
Lactose content in Reindeer milk: 2.5%
These numbers may not be good for anything, but do you really need to justify knowing the lactose content in Reindeer milk?
- Synthetic Biology Study Exposes Living Cells To Synthetic Protein
- Why Rudolph's Nose Is Red- The Definitive BMJ Study
- Who’s Smarter: Chimps, Baboons Or Bacteria? The Power Of Group IQ (Part I)
- Human Embryonic Stem Cells Differentiated Into Lung Tissue
- Lactose Intolerance And Mental Illness- Because Epigenetics Can Explain Anything