The California State Science Fair is the final science fair of the academic year for students throughout the State of California in grades 6 - 12.
They expect approximately 980 participants from over 400 schools throughout the State to meet in competition for awards totaling $50,000. When I was in school the only prizes were textbooks that we wouldn't be able to use in college anyway - and we still wanted them because it was advanced lore kids in a small town did not otherwise get. Money still would have been cooler, though.
One year I placed second in the physics challenge by guessing - I was in a lot of events and many of them overlapped so I had to get to the next one, thus I had to be pragmatic. Luckily it was a buoyancy calculation and I was able to narrow it down because it was either going to be floating a little more or submerged a little more. Beyond that, I got lucky.
- $400,000 Breakthrough Junior Challenge Competition Now Open
- Young Scientists From Across California To Compete for Top Honors
- Whites Receive More State Funding For Autism Services Than Other Racial/ethnic Groups
- Has The World Reached Peak Chicken?
- Gray's Paradox Resolved- Dolphins Can Swim That Fast After All And Here's Why