I. Situational analysis – this includes needs assessment and rationale of the project study.
II. Statement of the Problem - this specifies the problem that emerged in the situational analysis.
III.Benchmarking – this includes literature search and actual accounts/observations of similar problems and their solutions. Solutions include specifications.
IV. Proposed Solution – This is an innovative solution that may arise from bench marking or from the researcher’s theories.
V. Design and Implementation/Fabrication – this refers to the detailed plan of the proposed solution.
This has the following sub-parts:
1. Specific research design and Schema
2. Materials and Methods for design implementation
3. Design Implementation – This refers to the specific step by step procedure of putting the design into physical reality (item).
VI. Testing – this refers to testing the workability of the item and evaluation of the item against a set of specifications.
This part includes the following subparts:
1. Materials and Methods for Testing
2. Standards and Specifications
3. Data Presentation
4. Data Analysis
5. Evaluation and Acceptability
VII. Market Feasibility
Note1: For Complete Research: Students may be required only to do I-VI.
Note 2: For a Research Proposal: The students may be required to do I-VI w/o Implementation of the design into physical reality,and testing.
IVI Market Feasibility is optional
THE THEORETICAL FRAME of the study follows the following flow (DeFTA):
1. DESIGN - situational analysis, benchmarking, and proposed solution (hypothesis) are important preliminary to designing.
3. TESTING - this include testing for workability, efficiency, and effectiveness.
4. Users' ACCEPTABILITY - this includes market feasibility.
Design, Fabricate, Test, and users' Acceptance (DeFTA)
- Evaluating A Chemistry Course
- Symbio Launches In-Vehicle Infotainment Services And Announces GENIVI Alliance Membership
- Trends In Smoking Among Health Care Students
- 'Optics On A Chip' May Revolutionize Telecom, Computing
- Spirent Communications Extends Leadership In Testing Assisted GPS For Location-Based Services