The reason is because it needs to be administered within 5 days and in modern health care, you are lucky to get an appointment within 2 months - unless you have the same health insurance politicians give themselves. So FDA wants to make it possible for pharmacists to provide it and bypass the morass politicians created in health care.
If you have a pharmacist you use regularly they will already know any current medications and watch for interactions so this is a positive solution for the public. Doctors are going to be concerned but too many of them have been more worried about taking cultural stands, and were politically on board with having a layer of government on top of a layer of insurance companies, who were also mandated by government.
- FDA Bureaucracy Was Unprepared For A COVID-19 Vaccine- Here Is How To Fix It
- Remdesivir Gets FDA Approval As First COVID-19 Treatment
- In A Unanimous Decision, SCOTUS Helps Pain Patients
- Roche SARS-CoV-2 Test Gets Emergency Use Authorization For 2019 Coronavirus
- ICE Futures Europe Announces Daily Volume Record For ECX EUA Futures