On Saturday, May 12, 2018 at Great Meadow (5089 Old Tavern Road, The Plains, Virginia). 100 teams will be competing in the Team America Rocketry Challenge. The team that wins then goes on to represent the U.S. in competition with young scientists and aerospace engineers from the UK, France and Japan in July.
The Final Fly-off is an all-day event.
- 8:00am-8:15am: Opening Ceremony
- 8:15am-12:30pm: First Round of Launches (Top 100 teams)
- 12:45pm: 1st National Association of Rocketry (NAR) High Powered Rocket Demonstration
- 1:15pm: Top 42 teams Announced
- 2:30pm-4:00pm: Second Round of Launches (Top 42 team)
- 4:15pm-4:45pm: 2nd NAR High Powered Rocket Demonstration
- 5:00pm-6:00pm: Award Ceremony
If the weather doesn’t hold up, finals will be bumped to the following day (May 13).
More background is available here.