But this year could be even worse. If you believe the somewhat suspect record-keeping that is currently used to make temperature claims before the last 30 years, you'll want to avoid Russia during the coldest winter Europe has seen in the last 1,000 years.
Luckily, like most temperature forecasts even today, that one is only 70% accurate.
But it's best to be sure so, Russians, make sure you remove all that summer smog from your air vents.
- Note to self: Worry more that half of Russia is on fire
- Arctic Sea Ice Narrowly Missed Record Low In Winter 2007, Say Researchers
- Surveys Show Global Warming Belief Doesn't Change With The Weather
- Weather Bombs, Polar Vortex: Global Warming's Influence On Extreme Weather
- EPA Study Finds That Neonics Not Causing Colony Collapse Disorder In Bees