Caroline's story hit Slashdot and the Reg, so instead of providing secondhand sources and op eds, I'll push you to the actual details, which are well worth reading. So consider this a quick shout-out to Caroline, and an inspiration to this site's readers.
Alex, the daytime astronomer
here Tues&Fri, via RSS, and twitter: @skyday
- What Is 10 Miles Across, But Powers An Explosion Brighter Than The Milky Way?
- Two Type 1a Supernovae Discovered
- Circinus X-1: 2,500 Year Old Supernova Has A Neutron Star Hidden In Its Core
- Dense Neutron Stars Power Super-Luminous Supernovae
- Journalists- Please Fact Check Your "Doomsday" News Stories-They Terrify Young Children And Vulnerable People