- Though Claims Of Projected Deaths Were Wildly Exaggerated, Sweden Would've Saved Some Lives With A Lockdown
Sweden did not lock down during COVID-19 and while aggressive epidemiological models promoted by bloggers wildly overstated the deaths that would occur, by an order of magnitude, it did produce more per capita deaths and greater healthcare demand than seen ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 6 2020 - 3:09pm
- American Academy Of Pediatrics: Children Don't Transmit COVID-19, Schools Should Reopen This Year
The American Academy of Pediatrics is a rather reflexive group much of the time, so it seems bold for Pediatrics, the in-house journal for an organization that tried to argue kids should not be allowed to even walk to school until they are age 10, to take ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Jul 10 2020 - 11:56am
- SARS-CoV-2 Is Not Transmitted By Mosquitoes
In some good news for 2020, it is confirmed that SARS-CoV-2, the 2019 form of coronavirus that has led to worldwide COVID-19 disease, is not transmitted by mosquitoes, so ecologically useless disease vectors like Aedes aegypti, that carry so many other dis ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 17 2020 - 5:44pm
- The SARS-CoV-2 Envelope Protein Is Close Enough To SARS That FDA-Approved Drugs May Work
A protein in the viruses causing COVID-19 and SARS is almost identical, which means existing FDA-approved drugs, already tested in mice infected with SARS, could improve the outcomes for COVID-19 patients experiencing severe respiratory symptoms. ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 27 2020 - 1:09pm
- Symptomatic Case Fatality Ratio- A Better Way To Know True COVID-19 Mortality?
Reliable estimates of the mortality from SARS-CoV-2 infection are essential to understanding the COVID-19 epidemic and develop public health interventions, but we don't have them. If you realistically think that China, where the disease originated, on ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 29 2020 - 2:01pm
- Ad26.COV2.S: Single-Shot COVID-19 Vaccine Successful In Rhesus Macaques
Johnson & Johnson's Ad26.COV2.S COVID-19 vaccine raised neutralizing antibodies and robustly protected rhesus macaques against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 30 2020 - 2:15pm
- A Tale Of Two Virus Strategies
Viruses have strategies. They may not be dominated by politics or people who have desire to work in government but they are strategies just the same. Unable to reproduce on their own, viruses replicate by infecting a living organism's cells and gettin ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 3 2020 - 1:48pm