- Superforecasting: What Government Epidemiologists Can Do Better In The Next Pandemic
Experts got it catastrophically wrong, according to Dominic Cummings, UK prime minister Boris Johnson’s former chief adviser. Cummings has argued that the UK government’s official scientific advice in March 2020 hugely misunderstood how the pandemic would ...
Article - The Conversation - May 31 2021 - 12:21pm
- Germinal Centers Show COVID-19 Vaccines Have Lasting Protection
The first two COVID-19 vaccines authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) utilized mRNA technology previously unused in FDA-approved vaccines. One of its chief proponents bounced from research job to research job for low pay because government- ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 7 2021 - 9:38am
- In Clinical Trial, K.Vita Betashot Treatment For Epilepsy Well Tolerated And Reduced Seizures
A just completed clinical trial of K.Vita (Betashot), a dietary treatment for children and adults with severe forms of epilepsy, found it was well tolerated and reduced seizures. The product was developed to offset the risks of the ketogenic diet, which mi ...
Article - News Staff - Jul 23 2021 - 10:35am
- COVID-19: This Form Of Coronavirus Can Be Eradicated, But Is It Worth It?
We have shown diseases can be eliminated, like polio and smallpox, but can you eliminate something like COVID-19? Coronavirus was only recognized as distinct from the common cold in the 1960s so it's impossible to know what impact it had throughout hi ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Aug 13 2021 - 10:48am
- Extreme Pandemics Like COVID-19 Aren't Rare, We Roll The Dice Each Year
COVID-19 is certainly worse than the SARS and MERS pandemics that occurred a few years prior, and the reasons why SARS-CoV-2 is worse than those others is open for debate, but one thing is not; pandemics, even extreme ones, are not as rare as many believe. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Sep 2 2021 - 6:01am
- Activist Reasons To Ban Pesticides Are Eerily Like Anti-Vax Claims
Imagine I mention that a small group of people not only distrust science and technology despite thorough testing by government scientists, they don’t trust it because it was tested by the government. ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Sep 17 2021 - 6:14pm
- Does Nicotine Prevent COVID Transmission? France Might Begin Clinical Trials
As we are hopefully exiting the third coronavirus pandemic of the last 17 years, it is time to consider that it might become an annual event, like the flu. Since it mutates, there could also be an annual vaccine, but if flu is any indication half of people ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Sep 20 2021 - 11:30am