TOKYO, April 30 /PRNewswire/ --
NTT Communications (NTT Com) announced today that its wholly owned subsidiary NTT Communications India Private Limited (NTT Com India) will open its fourth Indian office in Chennai, Tamil Nadu on May 1, 2008.
The new office, NTT Communications India Private Limited -- Chennai Branch, joins NTT Com India's existing branches in Mumbai, Bangalore and New Delhi. Many Japanese and other multinational companies are located in Chennai, a major city in southern India.
"With this fourth office, NTT Com India will have a broader base for providing enterprise customers with the telecommunications services and solutions they need to expand their operations in the fast-growing Indian market," said Managing Director Shin Miyanomoto.
The branch will provide global network services with IP-VPN point-of-presence (PoP) in New Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore, as well as data centers, IT management including security solutions and servers, PBX/LAN/server installation, and services related to India's domestic Internet environment.
The Chennai office will also enable NTT Com India to meet growing demands for support in regional languages.
A staff of three will initially run the office, with plans to add another two employees within the year.
Overview of NTT Com's Indian Operations
- Network resources: International IP-VPN point-of-presence (PoP) in New Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. These services and the backbone connecting them, are fully redundant to facilitate a wide variety of highly reliable services.
- Multi-location data centers: Data centers in Mumbai, Bangalore, New Delhi and Chennai provide customers with the convenience of using servers in each of these major commercial areas
- IT management: Outsourcing services, including remote monitoring of domestic server assets, performance, events/glitches and security, as well as e-mail solutions and server operation and maintenance.
- System installation: Full support for the installation of new enterprise systems, such as wireless LAN (WiFi), LAN, PBX, IP-PBX and file servers, including design, delivery, maintenance and operation.
- Consulting: Expert, tailored consulting for enterprise systems to narrow the gap between multinational customers' expectations and quality standards available in New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Chennai.
Major Events in NTT Com's Indian Operations May 2004 First Japanese company to launch international IP-VPN service in India. Established PoP in Mumbai. August 2004 Opened office in Mumbai. December 2004 Established PoP in Bangalore. September 2005 Founded NTT Com India in New Delhi as wholly owned subsidiary. Opened Mumbai office. March 2006 Established PoP in New Delhi. April 2006 Opened NTT Com India Bangalore branch. May 2008 Opened NTT Com Chennai branch.
About NTT Communications
NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com) provides information and communications technology (ICT) solutions worldwide with dedicated professionals stationed in 21 countries. Renowned as an IPv6 technology pioneer and managed service expert, NTT Com offers diverse high-quality IP, Web-based, and managed network solutions combining network management, security, ubiquitous, Web portals/engines, and global services. Its world-class Tier 1 Internet backbone and secure closed networks with over 98,000 MPLS ports, combined with the networks of partner companies around the world, connect more than 200 countries. The company earned non-consolidated revenues exceeding one trillion yen (about USD10 billion) in fiscal 2006 ended March 31, 2007. NTT Com started as a long-distance phone company in 1999 after the reorganization of the NTT Group, and is the wholly-owned subsidiary of NTT, one of the world's largest telecommunications companies. NTT is listed in Japan, London and New York stock exchanges. Please visit http://www.ntt.com/index-e.html .
Contact: (Ms.) Yasuko Oka or (Mr.) Tei Gordon Public Relations Office NTT Communications Tel: +81-3-6700-4010 e-mail: email@example.com
Web site: http://www.ntt.com/index-e.html
(Ms.) Yasuko Oka or (Mr.) Tei Gordon, Public Relations Office, both of NTT Communications, +81-3-6700-4010, firstname.lastname@example.org