LONDON, November 24 /PRNewswire/ -- Payzone in conjunction with E.ON and npower, are offering their customers the chance to share in a GBP10,000 free energy* prize fund this winter by paying for gas and / or electricity at 14,000 participating Payzone outlets across the UK**.
Starting from 1 December 2009 and running for ten weeks until 8 February 2010, E.ON and npower customers who top up their gas and electricity prepayment cards / keys, pay bills, or make budget payments at Payzone outlets**, will be automatically entered into the free prize draw (terms and conditions apply - see notes to editors). Every week, 100 lucky customers can win GBP10 that can be used towards the cost of energy this winter.
GBP10 could approximately provide any of the following: - 400 hours watching an LCD TV - 500 cups of tea - 800 slices of toast - 3125 hours of light using a 20 watt energy saving bulb - 100 baths or 200 showers Source: E.ON
Customers will be notified of their free entry into the draw on their payment receipt (subject to terms and conditions) and will be eligible to win every time they make a payment during the promotional period. More details can be found at http://www.payzone.co.uk/wintercampaign.
*Prizes paid by cheque or credit to energy account
** Not available in Northern Ireland, Northern Yorkshire electricity distribution areas
Linda Cook, Director of Bill Payments at Payzone UK said We are delighted to be working with E.ON and npower to offer customers a chance to share in a GBP10,000 free energy prize fund. Every week, 100 customers can win GBP10 so ensure you make gas and electricity payments at your nearest participating Payzone store.
Jean Fiddes at E.ON said We are delighted to be participating in this promotion, which contributes towards our wider mission to help customers keep warm this winter. Customers who prepay for their energy before they use it can really feel the pinch in the colder seasons. It's great that we can work with Payzone to give something back to our customers, a little something for nothing.
npower commented There are many ways that customers can look to save a little more through being more energy efficient - just turning down the heating by one degree or fitting a jacket to your hot water cylinder could make a real difference to your energy bills
Notes to Editors
Payzone is one of the leading consumer payments and cash distribution networks in Europe. Listed on the AIM market of London Stock Exchange and headquartered in Dublin, it has operations in 10 countries across Europe.
The Company offers a wide range of services including pre-paid mobile phone top-ups, energy pre-payments, bill payments, pre-paid Visa vouchers, local and housing authority payments, pre-paid Visa and MasterCard payment cards, payment vouchers for on-line shopping, gift card and loyalty programmes, transport ticketing, lottery games, parking and electronic road tolling, debit and credit card acceptance, contactless payment solutions and world-wide money transfer services.
E.O.N and npower Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
1. Terms of entry. These terms and conditions and the terms and conditions printed on promotional materials for the prize draws constitute the terms and conditions for this prize draw.
2. Duration. The prize draw competition will run from Tuesday 1 December 2009 to Monday 8 February 2010 at Payzone
stores across the UK.
3. Closing date. The final closing date for competition entries is 11:59pm on Tuesday 9 February 2010 with weekly closing dates being 11:59 on each Tuesday for the duration of the competition.
4. Entry requirements. Entry to the prize draw is free. By making an accepted and eligible E.ON or npower energy payment at a Payzone UK store, the person named on the energy account will automatically be entered into the prize draw. The number of entries per individual is not restricted but each entry requires a separate payment of an EON or npower energy bill, budget payment, prepay gas or electricity transaction at a Payzone UK store. Entry relies on technology which may, on occasion fail. Any entry not received due to technological failure shall not be entered in the prize draw and Payzone UK, E.ON and npower will not have any liability in respect of those entries.
5. Eligibility. The prize draw is open to individual residents of the UK (other than Northern Ireland) who are customers of EON or npower (other than EON and/or npower customers in the Northern and Yorkshire electricity distribution areas).
6. Prizes. 100 prizes of GBP10 each will be won each week of the ten week promotional period. Prizes will be paid by cheque made out to the person named on the account and sent to the address held by EON / npower for the account paid. Winners who are unable to bank or cash a cheque may request a credit to their energy account. Details on how to request a credit will be included in the prize winners' notification letter. Prizes are non-transferable.
7. Notification of winners. Winners will be drawn from entries received prior to the close of the each week's prize draw starting at 00.01 hours each Monday and ending at 11.59pm the following Tuesday. Payzone UK will notify winners in writing within 28 days from the draw date. In the event that a winner cannot be contacted or does not claim his prize, Payzone reserves the right to draw an alternative winner for the prize from the eligible entries that were received before the closing date. A list of winners can be obtained from Payzone UK - www.payzone.co.uk/wintercampaign or by writing to Payzone UK Limted, Davidson House, Gadbrook Park, Northwich, Cheshire, CW9 7TW.
8. Decisions. Any decision about winners and eligibility taken by Payzone is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. Promoter. The promoter of this prize draw competition is Payzone UK Limited, registered company number 3102137, whose registered office is at Davidson House, Gadbrook Park, Northwich, Cheshire, CW9 7TW.
10. Publicity. Payzone reserves to right to contact prize winners to seek permission to release information about winning entries as part of the promotional campaign. Prize winners may decline any request to take part in any form of promotional activity.
CONTACT: Enquiries: Temple Bar Advisory, +44(0)20-7002-1080, Tom Allison /Nicola Flynn