COPENHAGEN, Denmark, October 12, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- VMworld Europe 2010 --
- Syncsort, a global leader in extreme performance data integration and data protection software, has joined forces with NetApp to offer a new paradigm in heterogeneous open systems data protection: NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup. - NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup combines Syncsort backup management software, NetApp Snapshot, clone and replication technology, and high-performance NetApp(R) disk storage to help deliver fast, reliable, efficient backup and recovery for heterogeneous data centres in a turnkey package. - NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup delivers previously unattainable value to customers, including faster, more reliable, near-zero-impact backup for virtual machines and heterogeneous data; cataloged, searchable, application-aware snapshot-based backups; as well as instant virtual machine recovery, automated bare metal recovery and integrated disaster recovery. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20101004/SYNCSORTLOGO ) (Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20101004/SYNCSORTLOGO )
- NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup offers: - A new paradigm for heterogeneous data protection based on block incremental replication - Disk-to-disk backup for physical and virtual Windows, Linux and Solaris servers - Tight integration with Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Oracle and VMware - Catalogue search and restore functionality across disk and tape - Recovery from replicated backup data sets at a disaster recovery site - Advanced recovery capabilities including bare metal recovery, in-place recovery, and instant virtual recovery
- NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup is an integrated offering comprised of Syncsort BEX software, NetApp Protection Pack and NetApp FAS2040 series disk systems. - Geared towards small and mid-size organizations, NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup delivers benefits that go well beyond those of dedicated de-duplication appliances, helping customers reduce backups from hours to minutes, enable instant data recovery and help deliver 99%+ backup and recovery success rates, 80%+ reduction in backup footprints and simplified disaster recovery. - The solution includes multiple data recovery options, including automatic virtual machine creation, to allow users to quickly respond to any data-loss scenario. - Unlike other offerings available on the market, NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup solves backup problems across multiple dimensions through snapshot-based disk-to-disk as well as disk-to-disk-to-tape backup.
- Virtualisation adoption is forcing many organisations to reevaluate how they protect, store and safeguard their rapidly growing volumes of data, said Robert Amatruda, research director, data protection and recovery, IDC. NetApp and Syncsort, building on their longstanding cooperative efforts, are addressing critical customer data-protection requirements with NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup. - ESG data protection research found improving disaster recovery and the backup and recovery of virtual machines as this year's top investment priorities, said Lauren Whitehouse, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. As server virtualisation gains wider adoption, there is a greater need for solutions like NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup to provide low impact virtual machine data protection, significantly reduce backup times, and deliver advanced disaster recovery capabilities at a cost-effective price point. - NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup significantly accelerates our efforts to help customers rethink the economics of backup by providing a turnkey, integrated solution that is simple to buy, deploy and manage, said W. Sean Ford, chief marketing officer, Syncsort. We see a tremendous opportunity for both customers and partners to deliver value to their bottom line results by addressing data protection challenges more holistically. No solution on the market today comes close to NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup in terms of breadth of capability and ability to deliver measurable cost savings. - Heterogeneous environments that mix physical and virtual servers with multiple storage platforms, operating systems, and applications create a unique set of challenges. These challenges are motivating many organisations to reexamine how they protect and store their rapidly growing data sets, said Patrick Rogers, vice president of Solutions and Alliances at NetApp. NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup simplifies data protection across the entire IT environment. By taking a more modern and comprehensive approach to data protection, companies reduce costs by significantly improving their IT operations and strategically redeploying resources for higher-value initiatives.
- What Customers Are Saying About NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup (http://www.syncsort.com/ProductsServices/NetAppSyncsortIntegratedBackup/...)
- Top 5 Reasons to Use NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup (http://www.syncsort.com/Portals/0/Resources/Solution/BEX_Top5_NSB.pdf)
- NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup Data Sheet (http://www.syncsort.com/Portals/0/Resources/Solution/NSB_Solution_Sheet.pdf)
- Syncsort Data Protection Blog (http://blog.syncsort.com/go/data-protection/)
- Follow Syncsort on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/syncsort)
- Join the Syncsort Community on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Syncsort/345663089209)
- Watch Syncsort Videos on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/syncsortinc)
Syncsort is a global software company that helps the world's most successful organisations rethink the economics of data. Syncsort provides extreme data performance and rapid time to value through easy to use data integration and data protection solutions. With over 12,000 deployments, Syncsort has transformed decision making and delivered more profitable results to thousands of customers worldwide. For more information visit: http://www.syncsort.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
Contact: Kevin Ruane, Syncsort, +1-201-746-7061 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT: Kevin Ruane, Syncsort, +1-201-746-7061, email@example.com