There are in the world today a billion human beings who have insufficient means to sustain themselves, their families, their children. This is so intolerable that we use to remove it from our brain. Can you imagine your child dying of hunger as you watch powerless ?
One, two, three, four, five. If we gave names, faces, stories to these children who die in silence while we trash half of our oversized meal, while we burn gas to get home one minute earlier, while we leave our lights on as we get out, things would be different. If we gave them a chance to tell us one word in our deaf ears, we would be forced to listen. That is why we do not. We remove it from our collective conscience, from our newspapers, from television. We pretend poverty is not there. Not just poverty: dire straits of misery, the fight for daily survival.
Count to five, and visit that site. The goal is to reach one billion clicks, to say no to hunger. Let us give strength to those who fight hunger while we hide it from our sight.
- Green Agriculture Productivity Boosts In Africa
- GAIN's Effectiveness In Reducing Malnutrition Confirmed In Its New Annual Report
- Princess Haya Calls For Action To Protect Health In The Developing World
- 38.7 Million People Break Guinness World Record For Stand Up Speak Out On International Day For The Eradication Of Poverty
- XR Climate Activists “Please STOP Telling Children They May Not Grow Up”- Says IPCC Lead Author In Tweet