- Single-Directional Superconductivity Heralds A New Era In Computing
Researchers at the Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) have realized the superconducting analogue to the semiconducting diode, the ...
Article - Mark Pierce - May 1 2022 - 7:40pm
- What Is A 2.5D Material And Will It Make Future Tech Possible?
There are three dimensions in the known universe. Fiction authors like to call time a dimension but it really isn't, it is just a way to look at the other three. Even if you don't remember what you ate for lunch yesterday the universe knows you w ...
Article - News Staff - May 6 2022 - 10:36am
- Space Is Cold, The Linac Coherent Light Source X-Ray Free-Electron Laser Is Colder
A half-mile-long stretch of tunnel in California is now colder than most of the universe. It contains a new superconducting particle accelerator, part of an upgrade project to the Linac Coherent Light Source (LCLS) X-ray free-electron laser, one of the las ...
Article - News Staff - May 10 2022 - 11:47am
- Thermocouples And Spectral Emissivity Data For High Temperatures
The Journal of Volcanology and Geothe ...
Article - Mark Pierce - Aug 8 2022 - 7:36pm
- The Time Reversal Technique Improves The Precision Of Atomic Clocks
A recently published paper ...
Article - Mark Pierce - Aug 10 2022 - 10:06pm
- Pythagoras Undone: Baseball Bats Even The Musically Pretentious Can Appreciate
Because I have played guitar some 30 years, I have always been interested in guitar construction. I have multiple guitars because they all have different tones and are used for different things- that doesn't always make sense to people because a gui ...
Article - Hank Campbell - Aug 13 2022 - 11:49am
- Faster Charging May Make Electric Cars Usable For The Masses
People who buy electric cars don't understand a lot about energy generation. They may believe that solar panels and wind are providing the energy, but even after $3 trillion in subsidies, those have not changed the percentage of energy generated by ma ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 22 2022 - 3:05pm
- What's 3 Billion Times Colder Than Deep Space? Fermions Produced By Special Unitary Spin Rates
Quantum magnetism exploration is getting a boost from atoms about 3 billion times colder than interstellar space. Space is cold, of course, but is warmed by the afterglow from the Big Bang. A Kyoto team instead used lasers to cool its fermions, atoms of yt ...
Article - News Staff - Sep 1 2022 - 11:27am
- A Simple Design Of High Frequency Seismic Data Resolution Filter
Seismic sections are usually subjected to some processing sequence for noise reduction. If the noise has appreciable energy outside the frequency range of the useful signal, these sequences are effective and if accurate NMO and STATIC are done, data clust ...
Blog Post - Daisi Komolafe - Dec 3 2022 - 9:37am