This is interesting as China is building an energy infrastructure that lowers the EU's ability to access gas, by pass Russia, and revive the Silk Road trade routes. This much is stated in the article.
China's building of energy infrastructure in the Central Asian Republics (CARs) that move gas from west to east (CAR to China) and Russia's pipeline infrastructure going from east to west (Russia to Eastern Europe then to Western Europe) have combined to make an interesting control mechanism by shutting out the United States and EU from accessing CAR's resources and at the same time controlling, funneling, and dividing that access among themselves (Russia and China).
I wonder how the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan has affected this infrastructure control strategy?
- Large Natural Gas Deposit Found In Eastern Mediterranean
- Global Planned Oil And Gas Pipelines Industry To 2013: Investment Opportunities, Analysis And Forecasts Of All Planned Pipelines Now Available At ReportsandReports
- Large Natural Gas Deposit Found In Nile Delta
- Irrigation- The Big Carbon Elephant In The Global Warming Room
- How China Meets Its Copehagen Targets While Boosting CO2 Emissions