Though some studies associate intakes of cholesterol that exceed current average levels with elevated total or low-density lipoprotein cholesterol concentrations, it could be spurious correlation.
By having a modest diet - American Heart Association is now promoting specifics like the Mediterranean and DASH diets - the same reduction in cholesterol happens anyway.
AHA is now switching to dietary patterns as the most likely way to promote cardiovascular health.
- The American Egg Board Doesn't Like That Study Linking Eggs And Death
- Does Sugar Have A Greater Impact On Coronary Heart Disease Than Saturated Fat?
- Study Links Fatty Liver And Heart Failure In Obese People
- Soy Nuts May Improve Blood Pressure In Postmenopausal Women
- Sorry Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Corn Oil Is Better For Lowering Cholesterol