The hucksters refused to comply, and even continues to promote their products even though they knew they were adulterated and unsafe for use. Now a federal court has ordered them shut down.
The sad part is thanks to President Clinton exempting supplements from real FDA oversight in 1994, they continued to put gullible customers at risk and line their pockets. The fine they get will be nominal and they can just start doing the same thing using a new name. If a real medical company did that, they'd be in prison.
Not just frauds, dangerous frauds.
Only in egregious cases is the the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act enforced against charlatans, otherwise they just have to put in tiny print that “This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration" and they can get away with anything. Unless they kill someone or state plainly that they do something actual medicine does.
- After 25 Years Of Chaos, FDA Signals For Reform When It Comes To Supplement Oversight
- Teas, Essential Oils, Tinctures And Colloidal Silver Will Not Help With Coronavirus- Or Anything Else
- What Do You Call A Huge Concentration Of Jurassic Footprints? A Dinosaur Dance Floor, Of Course
- FDA Busts US Royal Honey LLC For Its All Natural Products- Because They Contain Illegal Drugs
- American Indian Students Disproportionately Disciplined Compared To White Students